Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything right away or that you need to altogether get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. In time, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. To make spanish mackerel curry you need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Provide of A. Ingredients.
- Get 5 slices of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Take of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Use 5 of ladies fingers / okra.
- Take 1 of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- Use of B. Spices.
- Get 1/3 C of cooking oil.
- Use 1 tsp of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- Prepare of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- Take 1 of medium or big brown onion.
- You need 2 of shallots.
- You need 2 of garlic.
- Get 1/2 C of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- Take of D. Make into a paste.
- Take 1/2 C of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- You need of E. Seasonings.
- Take to taste of Chicken seasoning powder.
- You need of Note.
- Prepare 1 of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- Provide 2 of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.