Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
We are all aware that having healthy meals can help us really feel better in our bodies. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Probably the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch is not a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich source of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is very easy for the physical body to digest and, depending on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Fast hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spanish mackerel curry recipe. To cook spanish mackerel curry you need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- Take of A. Ingredients.
- Prepare 5 slices of Spanish Mackerel – fried.
- Provide of (Rub Turmeric powder + salt on fish slices before frying).
- Take 5 of ladies fingers / okra.
- Provide 1 of egg plant – thickly sliced.
- You need of B. Spices.
- Provide 1/3 C of cooking oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed Indian spices (see Note).
- You need of C. Blend into a very fine paste.
- Take 1 of medium or big brown onion.
- Use 2 of shallots.
- Take 2 of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 C of soaked & softened dried chillies.
- You need of D. Make into a paste.
- You need 1/2 C of Baba’s Fish Curry Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Baba’s Meat Curry Powder.
- Take of E. Seasonings.
- Prepare to taste of Chicken seasoning powder.
- Provide of Note.
- Prepare 1 of . Mixed Indian Spices or Panch Phoran can be bought ready mixed from the store.
- You need 2 of . Panch Phoran can also be prepared at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed, nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full in this fish curry.
Steps to make Spanish Mackerel Curry:
- A – Rub a teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt (or use chicken seasoning powder) on spanish mackerel slices. Fry fish slices until cooked through. Clean okra or ladies fingers’ stem (the very end of okras stem) and place okra on a hot wok. Cook at very high heat, without oil, for few minutes or until just wilted. This is to reduce the sliminess of the cut okra. Next, slice the eggplant..
- B – Use store-bought, pre-mixed indian spices or prepare at home by mixing equal portion of fennel seed, cumin, fenugreek, mustard seed and nigella seed. Use a teaspoon full of this mixed spices in this curry. Alternatively, just use a pinch of each spice..
- C – Place ingredients in C with 1/4 C – 1/3 C of water in a blender and blend into a very fine paste..
- D – Combine D in a bowl. Add enough water to make a soft curry paste, not too thick or too thin..
- Cooking the curry – Over medium heat, heat cooking oil in a big wok. Add B (mixed spices) and stir for few seconds..
- Add in C (blended ingredients) and cook until aromatic and translucent..
- Next, add D (curry paste) and continue cooking and stirring for 4-5 minutes or until oil is separated from the curry mixture..
- Pour 1 1/2 cups (to 2 cups) of water. Stir to mix and add sliced egg plant. Cover and bring to a boil and eggplant is tender. Season with enough chicken seasoning powder. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Add okra and fish. Bring curry to a boil again and turn the heat off right after that. Dish up. Serve with rice, dipping bread or roti..
If you find this Spanish Mackerel Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.