Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Steamed Corn Methi Muthia recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Steamed Corn Methi Muthia recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Corn Methi Muthia recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed corn methi muthia recipe. To cook steamed corn methi muthia you need 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Steamed Corn Methi Muthia:
- Provide of For Corn Methi Muthia dough.
- You need 2 Cup of Fresh Methi(fenugreek) Leaves (Fenugreek).
- Provide 1 Cup of Wheat Flour.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Corn Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Gram Flour.
- You need 1 tsp of til( sesame seeds).
- Get 1 tsp of Green Chilli Paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Use 2 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Get 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Water.
- You need of For Tempering.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Rai (Mustard Seeds).
- Take 1 tsp of Ajwain (Carom Seed)/Sesame Seeds.
- Take 5-6 of Curry Leaves.
- Use 1 Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida).
Instructions to make Steamed Corn Methi Muthia:
- Chop the fenugreek leaves, then wash it with water twice and drain it..
- In a big plate add wheat flour, corn flour, gram flour, all spices, sesame seeds, sugar, oil, lemon juice and salt, then mix it well..
- Add the drained methi leaves in the mixture and mix it well, then knead to a smooth dough with required water and keep it aside for 10 minutes..
- Divide the dough into 2 halves then roll each half like as a log about 1.5"- 2" in diameter. After that place them on a greased seive..
- In a big pan add 3-4 glasses of water or as per need for steaming the muthia, then boil the water..
- Once water is boiled, place the stand in it and the seive on the stand, then cover it with a lid, and steam the rolls for 15-20 minutes..
- To check insert a toothpick in it, It is fully cooked or not, If it comes out clean, then it means it is cooked. If it does not, then cook for few more minutes..
- Turn off the gas and let the rolls cool a bit. Cut the steamed rolls into 1/2" slices. After that tempering the Corn Methi Muthia..
- In a pan, heat the oil, add ajwain/sesame seeds in it and let it crackle then add Rai curry leaves, and hing (Asafoetida), and fry it for a few seconds..
- Add the Corn Methi Muthia in it and fry with a gentle hand, for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame..
- Steamed Corn Methi Muthia is ready to eat. Serve hot with chatany or a cup of tea..
- Tips -.
- Be careful about the quantity of water required to knead the dough because the moisture in the washed leaves and the lemon juice is sufficient to make the dough..
If you find this Steamed Corn Methi Muthia recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.