Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best skye's spicy 3 bean chili recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to skye's spicy 3 bean chili recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making some simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to skye's spicy 3 bean chili recipe. To cook skye's spicy 3 bean chili you need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook skye's spicy 3 bean chili:
- Take 1 lb of ground lean beef or turkey (I usually use turkey or a 50/50 blend).
- You need 1 can of (15.5 oz) light or dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Provide 1 can of (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 can of (15.5 oz) of your favorite spicy chili beans, retaining the yummy sauce.
- Take 1 can of (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies (I like the rotel brand… but use what you like).
- Use 1 can of (15 oz) tomato sauce.
- Provide 1 medium of green pepper, diced.
- Get 1 small of onion, diced.
- Get 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Use 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of (or more) red pepper flake, depends on how spicy you want it.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions to make skye's spicy 3 bean chili:
- I like to start my chili early. I open all 3 cans of beans. drain and rinse kidney and black beans. then, in a large bowl, mix them with the can of spicy chili beans and let them "marinade" together for atleast an hour or two before I start cooking..
- next heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot and add your ground meat. season lightly with salt and peppee and cook thoroughly..
- next add in your minced garlic, onion, green pepper and red pepper flake and cook together with ground meat until the onions and peppers start to soften..
- add in your beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices. .. turn down heat to low and allow everything to simmer no shorter than 1 hour. the longer it simmers… the better it will taste..
- serve by itself… or top it withshredded sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, crackers, an extra splash of hot sauce. .. or any combination of those yummy toppings.
- enjoy! mmm mmm good!.
If you find this skye's spicy 3 bean chili recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.