Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
One of the most popular snack foods is yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a nutritious lunch which is not the right idea. You cannot beat yogurt when it comes to a wholesome snack though. It is a protein-rich resource of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is often eaten to help manage the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by most people. Easy hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's green chimichangas & green chile sauce recipe. You can have mike's green chimichangas & green chile sauce using 37 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce:
- Take of ● For The Pork & Green Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 4 lb of Pork Shoulder [fat trimmed].
- Provide 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Get 5 tbsp of Fresh Garlic [chopped].
- Take 1 can (12 oz) of Tomatillos [drained].
- Get 4 of Extra Large Jalapeños [chopped – seeded removed].
- Provide 2 can (4 oz) of Green Chili's.
- Provide 2 of large White Onion [large chop].
- Provide 1 cup of Beef – Chicken Broth Or Water.
- You need 1 cup of Mexican Beer.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili Pepper.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mexican Oregeno.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Use 1/4 tsp of X 2 Baking Soda [if needed to tame tomatillo acidity].
- You need 3 tbsp of Or Less – Corn Starch.
- Take of ● For The Tortilla, Bean & Cheese Filling.
- Prepare 2 can (8 oz) of Refried Beans.
- Take 2 can (4 oz) of Green Chili's [chopped].
- Take 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Use 2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Use 1 of large Bag Mexican 3 Cheese.
- You need 1 of Fresh Chopped Onion And Tomato [to mix in beans-optional].
- Take 1 liter of High Heat Cooking Oil.
- You need 6 of large Extra Large Flour Tortillas.
- Use of ● For The Garnishments.
- You need 1 tub of Mexican Sour Cream Or Regular.
- Get 1 packages of Queso Fresco.
- Take 1 cup of Chopped Chives.
- Provide 1 of large Tomato [chopped].
- Use 1 of large White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 1 of small Head Lettuce [shreadded].
- Prepare 1 of small Head Cabbage [shreadded].
- You need 1 can of Black Olives [sliced].
- Use 18 of Wooden Toothpicks.
Steps to make Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce:
- If looking to decrease the manual labor time on this recipe, try my 1 Minute Green Chili Enchilada Sauce. It'll work well in a pinch..
- You can slightly brown or sear your roast in a cast iron skillet with oil prior to placing it in your crock pot but it's not necessary..
- Place pork in a slow cooker and add everything in the pork and green chili sauce section [excluding] the corn starch and baking soda. Let slow cook for 7 + hours..
- Chop all vegetables for garnishments and place in fridge to chill..
- When pork is soft enough to be pulled apart by fingers or forks, take out and shread. Set aside and keep warm at room temperature..
- Pour all pork fluid and cooked vegetables in a blender and blend in high until fully liquefied. Rinse blender and put away..
- Pull out your bag of Mexican 3 Cheese Blend and allow it to come to room temperature for later use..
- Pour green chili blended mixture into a sauce pan and heat on stove top..
- At boiling point, taste for acidity levels. If there is a bitterness from the Tomatillos, add 1/4 tsp baking soda and stir. Your mixture will foam momentarily but don't worry. Taste again. If still too acidic, add one more 1/4 tsp baking soda. Also taste test for a flavors you desire but have faded. Much of the spices can wear down with such a long cook time so ask yourself if you'd like more garlic, onion powder, pepper, salt, Cilantro or Cumin. Make this recipe your own. :0).
- To thicken this green chili sauce, bring to a boil. Measure 2 tbs Corn Starch with 1 tbs water and mix very well [in a tiny bowl] and slowly add it to your boiling sauce. As it boils it will thicken. Add another tablespoon with water and mix in your tiny bowl again if still too thin. Since this sauce will go over your Chimichangas, you'll want it thick enough so it doesn't destroy or sog the crisp of your tortilla..
- Mix about 10 tbs of this sauce into your shreadded pork and mix well. You don't want your pork too wet tho. It'll break through your tortilla before you can fry it..
- Make your bean mixture with your salsa, cumin, onion powder and chili's and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir well and set to the side..
- To make your Chimichangas, heat 6 tortillas for 10 seconds in the microwave. Place pork in the center of the tortilla, the pile the beans on top then stack the cheese. In that order. Smash all 3 down slightly to compress or firm ingredients..
- Fold over both sides of the tortilla and pin with a toothpick..
- Take end and fold tips right to left and inwards, like a gift and pin with a toothpick..
- Do the same for the other open end..
- Make 6 of these Chimichangas the same way and size..
- Fill frying pan half way up with oil and turn on..
- Once hot, add a Chimichanga to the heated oil and fry 1 1/2 minutes on each side. These require such a short fry time since all ingredients are precooked or are at room temperature. If you can't fry your Chimichanga for a minute and a half on each side without burning, your heat is too high. You'll only want to fl
ip these over once if at all possible. Do not burn and drain on several paper towels once crispy and golden brown..
- Fry one by one and be careful when flipping these Chimichangas while in the hot oil. They are heavy and oil will splash out if not very careful! Repeat for all 6 Chimichangas..
- To plate: REMOVE ALL 18 TOOTHPICKS! Place shreadded cabbage at the base of the plate for the fried Chimichanga to sit upon. Otherwise the sauce that settles on the plate bottom will make your Chimichanga too soggy too soon..
- Using the cabbage bed is an old trick used by restaurants to cool the Chimichangas and ensure your leftovers are just as crispy as they were at platter service..
- Top with all garnishments, additional shreadded cheese and green sauce and serve immediately..
- This recipe should create 6 Chimichangas weighing about 2 + pounds a piece..
- You can also create mini Chimichangas with 6" Tortillas. Just follow the same recipe..
- There really isn't a need to serve a side dish with these since you already have your bread, [tortillas] meat, beans [protiens] and vegetables. But if you're looking for another starch, try Mexican – Spanish Rice. Or try a dessert such as Tres Leches Cake. [Mexican 3 Milk Cake].
If you find this Mike's Green Chimichangas & Green Chile Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.