Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Aloo gobi curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Aloo gobi curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aloo gobi curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aloo gobi curry recipe. You can cook aloo gobi curry using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Aloo gobi curry:
- Use 1 of whole gobi.
- Provide 3 of potatoes.
- Use 1 of onion.
- Get 2 of tomatoes.
- Provide 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 0.25 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Provide 2 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 3 tsp of roasted gram.
- Get 10 of cashews.
- Provide 0.5 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 5-6 of cardamom seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of jaggery/sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Use 5 of ginger pieces small.
- Provide of Jeera/ cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
Steps to make Aloo gobi curry:
- In a pan take 2 tsp oil. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and ginger. sauté for awhile until onions turn golden brown. Now add cashews and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes..
- Cool it and blend the ingredients in mixer with roasted gram and 3 tbsp raw rice seeds. (This is to give thickness).
- Now in a pan take oil and sauté with jeera, bay leaf and cinnamon stick..
- Further add chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and sauté in low flame for around a minute. This is to give a bright colour to the gravy. Now mix the onion and tomato paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Also add coriander powder, salt and sugar..
- Further add potatoes and a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Now add gobi to the same mixture and boil it for another 15 minutes until gobi is cooked well. Add Yogurt. Add water if required..
- Now add crushed kasuri methi and coriander leaves and serve it hot with roti..
If you find this Aloo gobi curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.