Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chettinad chicken curry recipe. To cook chettinad chicken curry you need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Provide 1 kg of Indian desi chicken.
- Get 300 gm of Madras onions, sliced.
- Take 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take To taste of Salt.
- Get 15 of curry leaves.
- Take of For masala paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Use 5 of cloves.
- You need 4 of green cardamons.
- Use 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon bark.
- Use 2 of stone flower (kalpasi/dagad phool).
- Get 5 of red chilli (spicy but not colour).
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1-2 of strings of mace.
- Provide 7-8 of cashewnuts.
- Use 10 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 inch of ginge sliced.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of tamarind pulp.
- Use 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
Instructions to make Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Firstly clean the chicken. My personal preference is desi chicken but you can use broiler or english chicken. Add half a lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it marinade for atleast half an hour.
- Slice the onions. Accumulate all the spices for the spice mix masala paste. Dry roast all the masala, except for Fenugreek seeds and grated coconut. Midway add the garlic and ginger and roast till the spices are well roasted and brown. Remove it in a plate and allow it to cool. This is essential for the brown colour of the gravy. Dry roast the coconut till it turns brown..
- Transfer the roasted spices and coconut along with the garlic and ginger to a mixer grinder. Add the Fenugreek seeds along with the tamarind, add some water and make a fine paste..
- In a pot or a kadhai add ghee and let it heat on high flame. Add the sliced onions and saute it till it becomes soft. Add the curry leaves and saute it till it starts turning brown. Add the chicken at this stage and stir well for 4-5 mins. The chicken will release water and it will evaporate during this process. Add the masala paste and stir well. Use water to use every bit of the masala paste in the grinder. Add 3-4 cups of water. Add salt as per taste..
- Let it come to a boil on high flame and then cover the lid and let it simmer on medium flame. After 10 mins stir and check the chicken. Cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 mins till the chicken is perfectly cook. Desi chicken should take 25-30 mins while broiler chicken would take about 20 mins. Turn off the gas and let the chicken sit in the pot so that chicken is cooked to perfection and the flavours get absorbed in the chicken. Serve it with steamed rice..
If you find this Chettinad Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.