Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This can be a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between goodies. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the early morning. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain food items is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian lentil curry recipe. To make vegetarian lentil curry you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- Take 180 g of lentils, soaked overnight (slightly less than a cup).
- Use 1 of large onion, sliced thin.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 of thumb-sized chunk fresh ginger, minced.
- Get 1 of large potato, cubed.
- Get 1 of medium carrot, cubed.
- Take 1 Tbsp of curry powder (I used Madras curry powder. Add up to 1 Tbsp more for very spicy curry).
- Take 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Use 1 of Cinnamon stick (optional, gives it a nice accent).
- Get 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Provide of Chives or cilantro to finish.
Steps to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- If time permits, soak lentils in plenty of water for a few hours. Cube the potato and carrot, and cut onion into thin slices. Mince the garlic and ginger..
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan or pot. Add the onions, minced garlic and ginger and sauté on medium low until soft and starting to turn golden (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon curry powder (add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon more for extra so iciness) and stir in for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and mix in with onions and spices..
- Add the lentils, potatoes, carrots and cinnamon stick (if using) to the pan. Pour in enough water (I use the water from soaking lentils) or vegetable broth to completely cover the lentils & veggies..
- Bring everything to a boil then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-45 until soft..
- When lentils are soft, mix in 1/2 tsp salt, taste and add more if needed. I added 1 tsp in total. Fold in some chopped chives or cilantro and serve with steamed rice or Indian bread like naan..
If you find this Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.