On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. You will be happy to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you need to be ingesting every day. paella - valencia style.
Your overall health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating plenty of berries. The volume of vitamin C that can be seen in berries, is one of the primary reasons you ought to be eating berries. Yet another thing you will realize is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may pick to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Most folks already know that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can certainly help keep your cells healthier for longer periods of time. Paella - Valencia Style.
Paella - Valencia Style, One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will in addition be able to have a good impact on your health. You may already understand that most of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. For instance, broccoli has a good amount of potassium to provide you with your daily recommended allowances. Something different you might want to try is the next time you make a salad try using spinach as an alternative to your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
Paella - Valencia Style While some of you love to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the potato chips try getting some nuts. The majority of nuts will have lots of protein and you can in addition find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your system with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. These fatty acids are necessary to helping your body produce the proper levels of hormones your body needs for a healthy lifestyle. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be made by having these fatty acids within your diet.
In terms of sitting down to an evening meal you should also think about lean proteins and fish such as salmon. You will recognize that salmon can also be rich in Omega-3 and other nutrients. Protein is vital for your diet, however you don't have to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. So that you can limit your fat intake you should cut off any obvious fat before you cook the meats.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can create paella - valencia style using 34 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you invent it.
The ingredients needed to make Paella - Valencia Style:
- Make ready 2 lbs mild chorizo sausage small balls
- Prepare 2 lbs chicken cubed
- Prepare 2 lbs prawns (or half and add clams or mussels)
- Get 2 red peppers, julienned
- Get 1 cup frozen pkg frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- Prepare 1 cup chick peas or 1 540 g can, drained and washed
- Make ready 3 cups rice (parboiled rice or a good Paella rice found in most gourmet shops)
- Take 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Take 5 g Spanish saffron
- Get to taste Salt
- Prepare 2 litres chicken broth
- Prepare 1 bulb garlic, chopped fine
- Make ready 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin oil like Gallo
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce if you are not using a seafood broth
- Get Tools
- Make ready Use cast iron or steel pan
- Take Wooden spoon to stir
- Make ready Paring knife (to remove garlic centre)
- Take Sharp cutting knife or preferred chopping choice
- Take Bowls
- Prepare Cutting board
- Make ready Ingredients for 8 people
- Take 1 lb chorizo sausage chopped or made into bite sized balls
- Prepare 1 lb chicken cubed
- Prepare 1 lb prawns
- Make ready 1 lb clams or mussels
- Make ready 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas
- Take 1.5 cups rice
- Make ready 1 sprig rosemary
- Prepare 2.5 grams saffron
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take 1 ltr chicken or seafood broth
- Get 1 bulb garlic
- Prepare 3/4 cup olive oil
Instructions to invent Paella - Valencia Style:
- HINT If you have people sensitive to garlic before mincing garlic, take the heart out which is the green piece in the middle of the clove. Briefly sauté garlic and julienned peppers in 1/2 of the oil. For 5 minutes on medium heat. Add salt lightly, to taste. Remove peppers from pan and set aside. Leave garlic in pan.
- Sauté the chorizo sausage and the cubed chicken on medium heat for about 5 minutes, remember you are adding fresh ingredients to the pan so salt lightly for taste. Next add the rice. Saffron add 1 tsp of salt and the remaining oil. Sauté the ingredients in the pan for about 5 minutes. Even out the remaining ingredients in the pan and place the two sprigs of rosemary in the pan. Now you do not stir again.
- Add the warm chicken broth by using a ladle until the rice is covered in the pan. Do not dump the broth in as you want to keep the evenness of the rice on the bottom of the pan. Do not forget to add salt for taste. Scatter the chick peas evenly in the pan. Remember do not stir in. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and seafood of choice along with peas and re add peppers, arrange the remaining ingredients so that no mixing is required. Ddistributing evenly in pan.
- Cover with tinfoil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- HINTS - You can freeze the left over Paella but not for a long period of time. You could place in the oven to heat up. You can also re-fry the left over Paella in pan by adding some oil.
Everyone likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those folks you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits in addition present you with vitamin C, as well as other vitamins and also minerals that can help keep you healthy. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces combined together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
By following some of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is in addition not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.