In general, people have been trained to believe that "comfort" foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, may better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these., bak kut teh (pork ribs tea).
Eggs, you might be amazed to discover, are fantastic at battling depression. You need to be sure, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to boost your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Eat an egg and feel happier!
Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to elevate your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical that dictates to your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Nuts, along with elevating your mood, can be a super protein source.
Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have bak kut teh (pork ribs tea) using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea):
- Make ready Pork Soup Bone (Sin Guat)
- Prepare Pork Ribs (Pai Guat)
- Get Pork Shoulder (Jue Jiang)
- Prepare Pork Throttle (Jue Shaou)
- Take Chinese Herbs
- Make ready Sun Kee Ready Pack BKT
- Take Anglica Sinensis (Dong Guai)
- Get Solomons Seal (Yuk Juk)
- Take Codonopsis Root (Dong Sum)
- Get Rehmannia (Suk Dai)
- Prepare Star Anise
- Get Cloves
- Prepare Stick Cinnamon
- Prepare Fennel Seeds
- Get Black Dates
- Prepare Wolfberries
- Make ready Licorice Root (Kum Chou)
- Prepare Ingredients
- Prepare 3 Bulbs Smoke Garlic
- Make ready 3 Bulbs Normal Garlic
- Take 2 pcs thumb sized Ginger
- Prepare Seasoning
- Take 6 tbsp soy sauce
- Get 3 tsp rock salt
- Get 1 1/2 tsp crystal sugar
Steps to make Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea):
- Bak Kut Teh herbs can be purchased from local Chinese herbal shop or super market. These herbs now comes with different brands. We mix a packet of ready made packet of mixed herbs in a sachet and picked some herbs from a local herbal shop for this. Some herbs make the soup black in color while some in light brown. Teo Chew BKT will be very light grey.
- Boil all the pork bones and meat in hot water for 20 minutes to remove scums, oil and smell. Set aside.
- Boil 3 litres of water in a pot with all the herbs and soup bone for 30 minutes.
- Put in the rest of the pork meat, garlic and ginger into the pot and boil for another 20 minutes. Add in salt and soy sauce and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off fire. Let the pot cool down and keep in the fridge overnight. Alternatively if you have a keep warm thermos pot you can keep in there. This overnight process will marinate the herbal soup and seasoning into the meat.
- After overnight, boil the pot. When the pot is hot, add in sugar. Adjust to taste. The soup should taste little salty and sweet. Let it simmer in slow cook for 3 hours and serve. You can add in other optional items such as tofu pok, emoki mushroom or vege. Goes well with white rice and soy sauce with garlic and chili padi.
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you are wanting to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, and so on, they're all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight back depression.
Grains can be good for fighting a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are terrific at helping you feel better. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, helping you feel better. It's easy to feel low when you feel famished! These grains can improve your mood since it's not at all hard for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood.
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You knew green tea could help you feel healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well!
As you can see, you don't have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try several of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food bak kut teh (pork ribs tea) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!