Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef and barley vegtable soup recipe. To make beef and barley vegtable soup you need 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup:
- Provide 1 pound of Beef Bottom Round Steak (Thin).
- Get 3 Tablespoons of Flour.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of Course Salt.
- Get 2 teaspoons of Black Pepper.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of Oil (olive or avocado).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- Use 1 of Yellow Onion (chopped).
- Get 2 Stalks of Celery (minced).
- Use 4 of Carrots (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of Red Wine.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Use 6 cups of Beef Broth.
- You need 4 of New Potatoes (diced).
- Prepare 1 can of Diced Tomatoes.
- Use 1 can of Green beans.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (leaves).
- Take 3 teaspoons of Season Salt.
- Take 1 cup of Quick Barley.
- Get 1 package of Brown Gravy.
- Provide 2 of Green Onions.
Steps to make Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup:
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots to 5 or 6 quart pot on medium/high heat..
- Chop beef into 2 inch strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and cover in flour. Add beef to pot with vegetables and cook until brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add red wine and soy sauce to pot and stir to deglaze. Add beef broth, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, to pot and bring to a boil..
- Add cumin, oregano, and season salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Stir gravy package into soup and add barley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add green onions to soup and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve..
If you find this Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.