Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken Curry Pies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Curry Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Curry Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than completely modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than before. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry pies recipe. To make chicken curry pies you need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Curry Pies:
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- Take 2 stalks of celery.
- Get 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Get cube of Stock.
- Provide 2 of chicken breasts.
- Get 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of Pie Filling.
- You need 75 g of bacon bits.
- Get 2 of leeks.
- Take of Mixed fresh herbs fresh rosemary, thyme, marjoram).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cups of coconut milk.
- You need of Pie Crust.
- Prepare of Puff pastry.
- Use of Egg yolk.
Steps to make Chicken Curry Pies:
- Place washed and peeled onion, carrot and celery stalks in a large saucepan. Cover with 6 cups of water. Add stock cube. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chicken breasts and allow to simmer until chicken is cooked. This should take about 30 minutes depending on how big your chicken breasts are Once cooked allow to cool. Separate broth, keep veg and chicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the cleaned and finely sliced leeks together with bacon bits Sauté for about 5 minutes until the leeks are tender..
- Add the chopped mixed herbs, the curry and gluten free flour and stir over low heat for 1 minute..
- Gradually add the coconut milk, stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir constantly over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat..
- Chop or pull apart the previously poached chicken breasts and add it to the sauce mixture, season to taste; stir gently until combined and allow to cool slightly..
- For pie with a Pastry bottom, line the pie dish with pastry and cook at 220 for 10 minutes first. Poke holes in the base before putting in oven to prevent rising..
- Once cooled spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Brush edge of pastry dish with beaten egg yolk. Top with puff pastry, crimp down the edge to seal using your fingers or by using a fork; trim and brush the top with the remaining egg yolk. Decorate with any pastry trimmings if you desire and cut 3 slits in the centre of the pie to allow the steam to exit during baking..
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (220°C/430°F) for 10 minutes then lower heat to moderate (180°C/350°F) and cook a further 20 minutes. Should the pastry begin to brown too quickly cover with a sheet of foil..
If you find this Chicken Curry Pies recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.