Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Goodies.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
One of the most popular snack foods is yogurt. The fact is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. You can’t beat yogurt any time it comes to a nutritious snack though. It contains tons of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Yogurt unites wonderfully with nuts along with seeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas recipe. You can cook mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas:
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 5 of roma tomatoes.
- Provide 1/4 of a small onion.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Take of Soup.
- You need 10 cup of boiling water (or as needed/desired).
- Use 1/2 head of Onion (medium sized).
- Use 3 clove of garlic.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of carrots (diced).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chayote (diced).
- Use 2 cup of potatoes (sliced).
- Take 1 3/4 cup of zucchini (thinly sliced).
- Provide 1 tbsp of KNORR Beef flavor bouillon or any kind of bouillon of your liking.
- Provide 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 5 of Cilantro with stems.
- Take of Meatballs.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (or any ground meat of your choice).
- Use 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Take 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of mint (finely chopped).
- Use tsp of 1/8 of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour (optional).
Instructions to make Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas:
- In a big pot boil the water along with the garlic and the onion. (On medium to low heat) Cover with a lid..
- Blend together the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a blender (do not add water into the blender). Then add the sauce to the boiling pot. Cover with a lid and wait until it begins to bubble. TIP: If you feel like it may need more water then do so in 1/2 cup increments..
- In a seperate bowl, mix with your hands or with a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, the ground beef, mint, egg, rice, salt, and flour. Form into balls (about the size of a golf ball), set them aside..
- Peel your vegetables (except zucchinis) and cut them thinly or into small cubes. Place the carrots and chayote in a bowl. In a seperate bowl place the zucchinis. Place the potatoes in a bowl of water and set them aside. TIP: This prevents the potatoes from browning and it removes the starch from the potatoes..
- Once you notice your soup boiling add your meatballs to the pot, carefully. Cover with a lid and wait for it to boil again (around 5-10 minutes depending on your stove)..
- Once you notice your meatballs are beginning to darken and your soup is boiling, add the carrots and chayote. Cover with a lid. Make sure you have this over a low heat, you do not want to overcook your meat and veggies. TIP: If you begin to notice grease foam at the top of the pot, you may use a ladel to remove as much as you can without removing to much water..
- Once your pot is boiling again, check the carrots and chayote. Take one of each out of the pot. Check to see if its ready by cutting into it with a knife. If you feel a lot of resistance, then cover the pot and allow to boil for another 5 minutes. Check again and if you feel that it shows little resistance then add the potatoes. (Make sure to drain the potatoes, do not add them with the water filled with starch). Cover the pot. Boil for a few minutes. TIP: Make sure everytime you add a new ingredient or vegetable that its not fully cooked. Otherwise you will end up with a soggy mess..
- Add the zucchinis lastly, and cover with a lid and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Add your seasoning. Salt to taste, bouillon, and cilantro leaves. You may leave out the 1/2 onion. Cover with the lid and allow to boil for a few minutes longer. Turn off the heat. You can let it sit for a bit or serve yourseld. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.