Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be extremely nutritious and good for you. Several foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these., foolproof fried chicken.
Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you fight depression. You should see to it, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that control your mood--function better. Try eating an egg and be happy!
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to raise your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the "feel good" natural substance that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The more serotonin in your brain, the more pleasant you'll feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a super source of protein.
Foolproof Fried Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Foolproof Fried Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have foolproof fried chicken using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Foolproof Fried Chicken:
- Make ready 1 whole chicken, with or without skin (cut into 8-10 pieces)
- Prepare 5 Cups - Water
- Get 1 tbsp - Salt
- Make ready 2 tbsp - Vinegar
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp - Ginger paste
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp - Garlic paste
- Prepare 1 tsp - Black pepper powder
- Prepare Ingredients For Coating
- Get 1 Cup - Flour
- Make ready 1 Cup - Breadcrumbs or finely crushed cornflakes
- Get 1/4 Cup - Cornflour
- Get Salt, pepper and garlic powder for seasoning (you can also use some herbs if you want)
- Make ready 1 Large egg (lightly beaten)
- Get 2 tbsp - Hot sauce
- Take 2 tbsp - Milk
- Prepare Oil for deep frying
Instructions to make Foolproof Fried Chicken:
- Clean the chicken pieces and put them in a pan.
- Add the water, salt, vinegar, ginger, garlic, black pepper and dried herbs (optional).
- Bring to simmer and then turn the heat down to the lowest it can go and let the chicken continue gently simmering for 15 minutes. Set a timer if you need to, we do not want to over-cook the chicken at this stage.
- Be very sure that the stock is not going at a rolling boil, this will toughen the chicken. Gentle simmering only.
- Once the time is up, turn the heat off, cover the pan and allow the pieces to sit and poach in the stock for another 2 minutes.
- Then you can remove the pieces and allow them to cool completely.
- You can even prepare them up to this stage a day or two ahead, just put the chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- When ready to begin frying, mix both the flours with the breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes in a wide plate (or use a paper bag for easy clean up.
- Season with a generous pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- You can also add a pinch of paprika powder if you like. In a wide bowl, whisk the egg with the milk and hot sauce.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Dust the chicken pieces in the dry ingredients, then dip in the egg mixture and finally toss them again in the dry ingredients.
- Fry in hot oil for about 2 minutes per side or just until the outside is crisp and golden.
- Remove onto paper towels to blot out excess oil.
- Serve with a salad, fries and dips of your choice. Any of these combinations is to die for.
Cold water fish are great if you wish to feel happier. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain's gray matter. It's the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can really help you overcome your depression.
Some grains are truly wonderful for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually excellent for helping raise your happiness levels. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, which can help your mood too. Feeling starved can actually make you feel awful! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not difficult for your stomach to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is packed full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while at the same calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
See, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food foolproof fried chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!