Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Beef Rendang – Indonesian recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Rendang – Indonesian recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Rendang – Indonesian recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef rendang – indonesian recipe. You can cook beef rendang – indonesian using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Rendang – Indonesian:
- Take 500 gr of beef (I used shin beef) – cut big square (I used 250 on purpose).
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk- cans (you can change half to milk, but it will taste bit different, but it will healthier).
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk mix to 400ml water. This to make 800ml light coconut milk.
- Take 3 of kafir limes leaves (dont use the stem).
- Take 3 of bayleaves (I only used 2 as we dont have in the house).
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass cut into 3.
- You need 1 of turmeric leaves (omit if you dont have).
- Use 1 tbsp of brown sugar (I used our palm sugar – gula jawa).
- Provide 1 tsp of tamarind paste (if you used seed one, mix in water).
- Take 5 tbsp of coconut oil (or any) – add if need it.
- Provide as needed of Salt (last).
- Get 1 of Knorr beef cube.
- Provide 1.5 tsp of white pepper.
- You need of Optional: Rendang paste – I used Indofood brand.
- Prepare of To blends in food processor with 1 tbsp oil:.
- Take 10 of Red chillies (30 gr) – cut/slice.
- Prepare 5 of Thai red chilies.
- You need 3-4 of shallot – cut.
- Get 4-5 of garlic.
- Take 2 cm of ginger.
- Use 1 tsp of galangal mince.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corriander seed/powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2-3 of candlenut (omit if you dont have).
Steps to make Beef Rendang – Indonesian:
- In a wok, put a bit of oil and put the beef, cook just to coat them and set aside (less then 5minutes).
- In the same wok, pour the blends ingredients. You dont really need oil (but I used it) as you have mix this with the blends in low heat. No more then 5minutes..
- Add the beef into the wok, coat all the beef and stir fry for another 5-10 minutes medium heat, till you can see the oil separated a bit. Put all the leaves and lemongrass..
- Pour the light (800ml) coconut milk. Add the sugar, white pepper and knorr, a bit of salt (you can always add later, I only put 1/2 tsp) Put the heat up to medium and keep stirring till bubbling. This takes me about 20 minutes. When it bubble. Stop. Add the sachet if using, tamarind water, stirred. Turn off..
- Transfer in caserole dish (or slowcooker) closed and Oven 180c for about 2:30 hours (or until you think the beef is tender)..
- Stirred and Check if it change colour and the liquid drop n thicker. Add the 400 thick coconut milk. Stirred.
- Transfer it to wok, in medium heat. Stirred ccasionally every 15-20 minutes till it thicken (I used timer and did this for about 2 hours). Turn the heat off and leave it overnight. It will change its tekstur in the morning..
- This is how it look in the morning. We start the process again. Medium heat, for 20 minutes. You can see the oil separated and start bubbling. You need to keep an eye and keep stirring..
- You need to stir by scratching it from bottom, so it wont stick. when you see the bubble, you need to keep stirring every 5 minutes as otherwise the bottom will stick. (I always feel excited here as I know it almost finish!). It takes me about 20 minutes..
- After about total 40 minutes, this is how it looks like,I called it Rendang Jawa:) and this is how we usually enjoy. The real Padang rendang will take way longer to cook, and all the coconut will actually be a bit dry and stick to the meat (amazing!!). The choice is yours! I cant wait that long! Lol! Make sure you reheat everyday, if you have left over so the taste get better and better ;).
- The rendang sauce can be stored in fridge for about a week, it can be used to make nasi goreng (like Gordon Ramsay did – but I dont used kecap manis). I will post next time! Sooo delicious to be add on top of your tempe, omelet or fried egg. We can also use as sandwhich filler! The option is endless..
If you find this Beef Rendang – Indonesian recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.