For the most part, people have been taught to think that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and need to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be extremely nourishing and good for you. Some foods honestly do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these., crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe.
Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you combat depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping elevate your mood. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to improve your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that dictate your mood--function better. Eat an egg and feel a lot happier!
Make a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because these foods are loaded with magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given time. The more of it in your brain, the better you'll feel. Not just that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein source.
Crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
The Same Golden, Crispy Hash Browns You've Always Loved. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. I don't know about you, but any recipe with cheese and bacon in it catches my eye! So I knew I definitely wanted to make these Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes from Gooseberry Patch's Busy-Day Slow Cooking!
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe:
- Make ready cooked some bacon or turkey bacon as little or as much as you like
- Make ready 1 package frozen hash browns (they can be shredded, the can be diced, they can have the peppers in them… any kind you want)
- Take 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Get 1 can milk (just fill up the canned soup with milk)
- Take 1/2 onion chopped (this is optional) – you can add anything from sausage to bell peppers
- Get 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Take 8 oz sour cream
If you don't have one of these bad boys, go ahead and get one. Place the potato slices in the bottom of the crock pot. A love easy crockpot recipes like this! Just layer the potatoes, bacon, and cheese along with some green onions right in a foil-lined slow cooker.
Steps to make Crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe:
- Spray the inside of the crock pot casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Take your frozen hashbrowns and break them up in the bag.
- In a large bowl combine the onion (or whatever else you want to include), 1 cup of cheese, the milk, and the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Stir to combine.(and some of the bacon but not all of it leave some for the top)
- Mix in the hashbrowns and stir to coat.
- Pour into the crock pot casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese, and bacon.
- Place the lid on top and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.Times will very pending on the crockpot or slow cooker.
- Notes- in picture 6, my family couldn’t stay out of while it was cooking and was picking at it on and off around the sides that’s why it looks like that. They all loved this dish and ask for it again and in a big Batch of it… 😋😀
A love easy crockpot recipes like this! Just layer the potatoes, bacon, and cheese along with some green onions right in a foil-lined slow cooker. Cover by folding over the foil or place another piece of foil. All of the flavors combined with cheese and bacon to create these delicious potatoes. While cooking in the slow cooker, they create the best aroma in your house all day.
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you are wanting to beat back depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3s. These are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It's true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight depression.
It's easy to overcome your bad mood when you consume grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods as well. Feeling starved can be terrible! These grains can improve your mood because it's easy for your body to digest them. You digest them more quickly than other things which can help boost your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You were just anticipating to read that in this article, weren't you? Green tea is chock-full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies show that this particular amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while simultaneously loosening up the rest of your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that it helps you to lift your moods also!
So you see, you don't have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a couple of of these tips instead.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food crock pot bacon cheesy potato casserole recipe recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!