Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mo's Short Ribs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mo's Short Ribs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mo's short ribs recipe. To cook mo's short ribs you need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mo's Short Ribs:
- Prepare 4 of Beef Short Ribs.
- Use 2 of Shallots, thinly chopped.
- You need 1 of Carrot, cut in think round slices.
- Take 1 of Celery stalk, thin cut.
- Get 2 of Garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with the side of a chef knife.
- Provide 5 leaves of fresh Sagen (en-chiffonade cut).
- Provide 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme.
- Take 6 oz. of Cabernet Sauvignon Wine (or Merlot).
- Take 1 Cup of Beef or chicken broth (if homemade).
- Use 2 Tsp of Hungarian Paprika.
- Use 1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide to taste of Salt-Pepper.
Steps to make Mo's Short Ribs:
- First let me clarify: I said homemade chicken or beef broth because the broth they sell ready are often full of….well, stuff you shouldn't eat. If you don't have homemade broth, then just melt 1 beef bouillon in 2 cups of boiling water and use as needed..
- I assume you have done all the prep, so you have the ingredients chopped and ready to go. Rinse the ribs under warm water, pat dry and sprinkle with salt, fresh ground pepper, and the paprika on both sides..
- In a large pot, heat a little vegetable oil, about 2 tbsp; use high heat, we want to sear the ribs so they retain the juices. Drop the ribs in there and a few minutes per side should be enough, you wanted to brown. Remove, set aside and cover with a plate..
- In the same pan, you need to add some vegetable oil, heat it, and – still at medium-high heat add the carrots. After 3 minutes add shallots, celery, and garlic and cook about 5 minutes..
- Now add the ribs to the pan, the herbs, the Worcestershire sauce, and the half of the wine. Cover the pot and cook 5 minutes.
- Now that the flavors start getting incorporated, add the remaining wine, the broth (if you use the bouillon method, add just a cup) and turn the heat down to low. The lid at this point has to cover only about ¾ of the pot. We want the steam to go out and the food to breath..
- Cook for 2 hours at very low heat. Check the level of liquid and add broth/water as needed. Now, you should not need to add water because with a lid almost entirely con, the liquid should not consume quickly..
- Serve hot with some solid red wine, such as a Barbera d'Asti, a Barbaresco, or Rosso di Montalcino. If you don't like Italian wines, a Tempranillo Roja would fit this dish very nicely. If you want domestic wine, then I would pick some Pinot Noir from California or the NW over some American Cab..
If you find this Mo's Short Ribs recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.