A lot of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we must avoid them. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these., kerala boli.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really wonderful at beating back depression. Just be sure that you don't throw away the egg yolk. When you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for lifting up your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Eat an egg and feel happier!
Put together a trail mixout of different seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which raises your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical that tells your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Not just that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic source of protein.
Kerala Boli is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Kerala Boli is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kerala boli using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Boli:
- Make ready For Dough :-
- Get 1 cup All purpose flour -
- Take 1 pinch Turmeric powder - (see notes)
- Get as required Water -
- Prepare 3 to 4 tbsps Gingelly oil -
- Prepare For Filling :-
- Get 1 cup Channa dal -
- Prepare Water channa dal -to cook
- Prepare 1 cup Sugar -
- Get 1 pinch Turmeric powder -
- Take 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder -
- Take 1 pinch Nutmeg powder -
- Get as required Water -
- Make ready Other ingredients :-
- Get 1/2 cup Rice flour - ( approx)
- Prepare as required Ghee -
Instructions to make Kerala Boli:
- Wash channa dal well,add sufficient quantity of water and cook just until done.Do not over cook the dal.(You can use a pressure cooker,if desired).Keep aside.
- To prepare the dough,combine together all purpose flour and turmeric powder in a bowl.Add water and mix well.
- Knead to form a soft dough.It should be a bit sticky.Now pour the gingelly oil over the dough.Cover and keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the cooked channa dal.In a pan,add cooked channa dal,one pinch turmeric powder and sugar.Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until it turns thick.(do not cook it for long,if you do so, the mixture will dry up)
- Switch off the stove,add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix well until combined. Allow it to cool completely.(If the mixture is not smooth,grind it well in a food processor.)Divide this filling into 18 to 20 equal size balls.
- Take a small portion of the dough(i.e just enough to make a very thin layer around the filling) and flatten it in your palm.Place the filling over this.
- Cover the filling with the dough by gently pulling the edges towards the center. Flatten the prepared ball and dust both sides with rice flour.
- Roll this to form a thin circle.(make it as thin as possible.).Dust the surface with rice flour to prevent sticking.
- Heat a tava and cook the boli for few seconds on both the sides or until the color starts to change,over a medium flame.(do not cook it for too long)Drizzle ghee on top.Carefully remove the boli and repeat with the remaining dough.
Cold water fish are excellent if you are wanting to feel better. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fats and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly raise your mood.
Some grains are truly great for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really wonderful for helping raise your happiness levels. They fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods also. Feeling famished can really bring you down! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren't you? Green tea is high in a certain amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This will improve your brain's focus while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you become a lot healthier. Now you know it can help raise your mood also!
Now you can see that junk food isn't necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food kerala boli recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!