Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Scain's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to scain's french onion soup recipe. You can have scain's french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Scain's French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 of yellow onions, sliced thin.
- Use 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 stick of butter.
- Get 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Use 6 cups of beef broth.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 2 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of French bread.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Swiss cheese.
Instructions to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions and stir. Stir every few min for 20 min..
- Add butter. Turn heat to medium high, continuing to stir every few min. For another 20 min.
- Add a good pinch of salt, then add red wine to deglaze the pan, turn heat down to medium low..
- Toss in garlic, bay leaf, basil, worceshire and then beef broth. Stir well..
- Once almost boiling, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 30 min.
- Turn oven on to 350, slice French bread about 1 inch thick. Brush with a bit of olive oil and top with garlic powder.
- Pop in the oven 10 minutes, then top with a slice of cheese. Back in the oven on broil for 5 min..
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with bread covered in cheese..
- BAM! Better than any restaurant. I think ;).
If you find this Scain's French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.