Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is a snack many people neglect. Occasionally people elect to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the greatest idea. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It consists of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work correctly depending upon the culture used to create it. Try putting in some nutritious nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steak skillet over baked potato recipe. You can cook steak skillet over baked potato using 12 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- Use 1 1/4 lb of thin cut eye of round steak.
- Use 4 medium of russet or red potatoes.
- Use 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Take 2 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Use 1 tbsp of (heaping) minced jarred garlic.
- You need 1 cup of half n half.
- You need 1/2 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Provide 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Provide 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or more if u want).
- Prepare 4 of dollops of sour cream.
- Provide 4 tbsp of real bacon bits (or more if u like).
Steps to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- preheat oven to 400.
- wash potatoes and fork them all over…
- bake for 40 minutes or until soft all the way through..
- slice steak against the grain into strips. then cut the strips so they are bite sized..
- place bacon grease in a skillet and heat until hot..
- place steak pieces into skillet and toss. heat should be on medium..
- chop onion. and place onion into skillet. toss together..
- place sliced mushrooms into skillet. toss together..
- toss in chives, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well..
- (if u want to add any other veggies do this now.. great veggies to add would be chopped broccoli, green beans, green pepper, fresh baby spinach).
- by now the steak should be cooked through. add the half and half and give a good stir…
- lower heat to medium low so it is simmering, not boiling. and simmer covered for 20 minutes..
- keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, if it starts to dry out add a dash more bacon grease or add a bit of beef broth(I didn't have a problem with this).
- after 20 minutes of simmering the flavors should be well incorporated and ur potatoes should now be done..
- place a baked potato on a plate.
- cut the potato in half.
- cut the halves into 3rds. push together it kinda makes it look like a flower..
- pour 1/4 of your steak skillet on top of potato..
- sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese..
- add a dollop of sour cream..
- and sprinkle with 1/4 of the bacon bits…
- repeat with the rest of the potatoes and steak…
- serve hot!.
- TIP: u can use any type of steak u would like. I used eye of round because its cheap. russet potatoes work best but I prefer red potatoes because I like to eat the skin on red potatoes but not russet potatoes. I made mine this time without the dollop of sour cream and without the bacon bits because I ran out and cash was low. definitly better with them!.
If you find this Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.