Many of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be really nutritious and good for you. There are several foods that really can boost your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these., barbeque chicken eggrolls.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly great at fighting back depression. Just be sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for elevating your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Try consuming some eggs to jolly up!
Put together a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to boost your production of serotonin. Serotonin is known as the "feel good" chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more you have of it, the better you will feel. Not only that but nuts, particularly, are a great protein source.
Barbeque Chicken Eggrolls is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Barbeque Chicken Eggrolls is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have barbeque chicken eggrolls using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Barbeque Chicken Eggrolls:
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Get 2 tbsp my spice rub, or your favorite. My recipe for the spice rub is attached in direction step #1
- Take 1 Shallot, chopped
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Take 1 small stalk of celery, chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup grated or shredded Italian four cheese blend
- Take 1/2 cup barbeque sauce, I used my sauce recipe attached in step #5 or use your favorite. Have more avalable fod dipping egg rolls in.
- Get 2 tbsp sour cream
- Prepare canola oil for frying
- Take 6 oz package of egg roll wrappers
- Prepare 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water called an egg wash
Steps to make Barbeque Chicken Eggrolls:
- Rub chicken all.over with spice rub Spice rub recipe attached below - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356275-spice-rub-for-grilling-roasting-sauteing-and-smokers
- Heat olive oil.in large saute pan, add seasoned chicken and cook, turning once until cooked through about 5 minutes on each side
- Remove chicken to a plate. Add shallot, garlic and celery to pan chicken was cooked in and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes cool
- Shred cooled chicken into a bowl
- Add barbeque sauce, recipe attached below cooled vegetables,cheese, and sour cream, mix together - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363620-simple-basic-barbecue-sauce
- MAKE EGGROLLS
- Lay each eggroll wrapper flat, brush all edges with egg wash
- Place about 2 tablespoons filling on the end of eggroll wrapper
- Roll up folding sides over as you go
- Roll up into tight cylinder
- Heat canola oil in a Dutch oven or large pot filling it halfway with oil.. Heat oil to 325 fry eggrolls until golden about 5 minutes. Do not crowd cook in batches. Transfer to wire rack to drain.
- Serve with extra barbeque sauce for dipping. These eggrolls can be individually frozen. To reheat place on non stick sprayed wire rack placed on a baking pan. Preheat oven to 425 and heat 5 to 7 minutes turning once. Thaw before heating
Cold water fish are great if you want to feel better. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you fight your depression.
Grains can be good for driving away a terrible mood. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are fantastic at helping you be happier. They help you feel full also which can truly help to better your mood. It's not hard to feel depressed when you are starving! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your sugar levels which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
Green tea is really great for your mood. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This will better your brain's focus while simultaneously calming the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you become a lot healthier. Now you know green tea can help raise your mood as well!
As you can see, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food barbeque chicken eggrolls recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!