Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup:
- Get 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- You need 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Use 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- Get 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Use 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Take of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.