For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that "comfort" foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may boost your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you're in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these., chinese turnip cake (lo bak go).
Eggs, you may be surprised to discover, are terrific at battling depression. You must see to it, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. Every time you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks in particular, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you improve your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that control your mood--run better. Try eating an egg and cheer up!
Make a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that directs the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you will feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a great protein source.
Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go) is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chinese turnip cake (lo bak go) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go):
- Make ready 500 g chinese turnip or daikon radish, grated
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Get Oil
- Prepare 1 tbsp dried shrimp, washed, soaked and chopped
- Prepare 3-5 dried chinese black mushroom, washed, soaked and chopped
- Get 1 chinese sausage, diced
- Get 1 slice char sew pork, diced
- Get 1 spring onion, chopped
- Take 1 cup rice flour
- Prepare 1 tbsp corn starch
- Take Salt, sugar, pepper
- Take Oyster sauce for dipping (optional)
Steps to make Chinese Turnip Cake (Lo Bak Go):
- Grate the turnip use largest holes on a box grater.
- Add grated turnip and water to a wok and bring to a simmer. Simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionaly so the turnip does not brown.
- The turnip will produce liquid, some of which will evaporate. Cook it until you have about 3/4 cup liquid left in the pan with the radish.
- Pour everything including the liquid into a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp oil. Add dried shrimp, mushroom, sausage, char sew and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped spring onion and remove from the heat to cool.
- Add rica flour, cornstarch, salt, sugar, pepper to the mixing bowl with the radish and cooking liquid.
- Mix well until dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in the cooked shrimp, mushroom and sausage, and be sure to scrape the oil from the pan into the batter. Mix well and let sit for 15 minutes
- Give the batter a final stir and pour it into a well, oiled loaf pan. Place the pan into a steamer with plenty of water and steam it into medium heat for 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the steamer and let your turnip cake set for about 30 minutes. Once cooled, loosen the sides with spatula and turn it out into the chopping board.
- Use a sharp knife dipped in water to slice 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to a non stick pan over medium heat. Fry the cake of both sides until golden and crispy. Serve with oyster sauce.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to beat back depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they're all high in omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly elevate your mood.
Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a bad mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all great for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full too which can actually help to improve your mood. It's easy to feel depressed when you feel hungry! These grains can help your mood elevate since it's not at all hard for your body to digest them. You digest these grains faster than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
Your mood could truly be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can essentially stimulate brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while also calming the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you feel a lot healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood also!
You can see, you don't need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chinese turnip cake (lo bak go) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!