Most of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must avoid them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it's good for you to eat them. Several foods really do raise your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try a few of these., lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really great at dealing with depression. Just make sure that you don't get rid of the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, particularly the yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you boost your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that dictate your mood. Try consuming a few eggs to cheer up!
Put together a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin production. Serotonin is referred to as the "feel good" substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, particularly, are a great protein food source.
Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- Make ready 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Make ready 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1 tsp baking powder
- Take 1/8 tsp salt
- Get 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, softened
- Get 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Get 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Prepare 1/3 cup whole milk
- Get 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready Lemon glaze
- Take 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Take 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1 tbsp water
Instructions to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed and until the mixture is a paler colour and sugar is dissolved or almost fully dissolved.
- Next, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork just until the whites and yolks are well combined.
- To the sugar butter mixture, add in the eggs in 4 parts beating for about 50 seconds after each addition. To that, add in the milk, vanilla and lemon juice and beat for another 30 seconds on medium speed until everything is well combined.
- After, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and on low speed, beat until a smooth and thick but light batter is formed. With a spatula, give the batter a quick mix to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 5 × 9 inch loaf pan and tap afew times on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for 40 minutes and then move to the top rack for an additional 20 minutes. After 60 minutes, a toothpick inserted should come out clean, if not, put the oven off but leave the cake in for 10 minutes, it should be done by then.
- While the cake cools, combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and cook until the sugar fully dissolves.
- With a toothpick or a bamboo skewer, poke random holes all over the surface of the cake and pour the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to take it out.
- Place on a serving platter and serve warm. I found caramel sauce goes well with this cake but is delicious as is as well.
- This cake keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container and can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks in cling film and then foil. Happy baking!
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to battle depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, and so on, they're all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can greatly raise your mood.
Grains can be good for fighting a bad mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are great at helping you feel better. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, which can help your mood too. Feeling hungry can actually bring you down! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you become healthier. And now you know it can help you be happier also!
Now you realize that junk food isn't necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!