Many of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to eat. A number of foods honestly do raise your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these., roasted chicken and biscuit casserole.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really terrific at beating back depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. When you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks especially, are loaded with B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be terrific for raising your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Eat a few eggs to jolly up!
Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all great for improving your mood. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which boosts serotonin production. Serotonin is referred to as the "feel good" chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more you have of it, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific source of protein.
Roasted chicken and biscuit casserole is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Roasted chicken and biscuit casserole is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Oh yes, you must use frozen peas instead of canned, big difference. Learn how to make my chicken and biscuit casserole dinner. One of my easy dinner recipes for a fantastic Sunday Night Dinner! Meanwhile, melt butter in a large soup pot.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have roasted chicken and biscuit casserole using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted chicken and biscuit casserole:
- Take Roasted chicken
- Take 1 package bone-in skin-on chicken thighs 8-10 peices
- Prepare Roasted chicken spice blend (see my recipe)
- Take Veggie mixture
- Get 1 cup celery chopped
- Prepare 1 cup carrots chopped
- Take 1 tsp thyme
- Take 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Get 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Prepare 1 tsp Montreal seasoning
- Take 1 tsp Organic No-Salt seasoning Costco's brand
- Get Sauce
- Take 1 cup goats milk
- Get 1/4 cup white rice flour
- Make ready 2 cans low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Get 1/4 cup water
- Make ready 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Get Drop biscuits
- Take Your favorite GF or regular drop biscuit recipe
Brush the biscuits with the melted margarine or butter and then sprinkle some of the seasoned. Chicken and Biscuit Casserole, a dish so delicious and comforting you'll crave it the next day for breakfast! This Chicken and Biscuit Recipe will surely cure whatever ails you…even if that's just a case of cabin fever! There's nothing more comforting than a classic chicken.
Steps to make Roasted chicken and biscuit casserole:
- Pre heat oven to 385°
- Cover all sides of each piece of chicken with the spice blend, put in a greased baking dish and bake for an hour and a half covered with foil.
- In a large pot sweat the celery and carrots with the remaining dry spices.
- When the chicken is done place the thighs into a mixing bowl and let cool. Set the baking dish aside and let stand to let to cool so the fat separates and rises to the top of the juices.
- Prepare the biscuit dough.
- When all is cooled remove the skin and bones from the chicken and lightly shred. Leave the peices on the larger side, at least twice the size you would do for a shredded bbq sandwich. Also at this point use a spoon to skim the congealed fat out of the baking dish.
- Pour the chicken juices from the baking dish into the pot with the celery and carrots. Spread the chicken out in an even layer in the baking dish along with any juices in the bottom of the bowl.
- Bring the veggies and juices to a simmer then add the white rice flour.
- Slowly stir in the goats milk and chicken broth. Allow to bubble and thicken. If the consistency isn't as thick as you would like make a cornstarch slurry and stir in and allow to simmer until raw taste is gone and the sauce thickens. I had to do this step.
- Stir the frozen peas into the sauce.
- Pour mix into the baking dish over top the chicken and smooth to an even layer.
- Use a scoop to evenly drop the biscuit dough over the top.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake uncovered for about and hour… this is all based on how your oven cooks. You're looking for a good color on the biscuits, the sauce bubbling and the underside of the biscuits to not be raw.
This Chicken and Biscuit Recipe will surely cure whatever ails you…even if that's just a case of cabin fever! There's nothing more comforting than a classic chicken. Just like a chicken pot pie but in a casserole form, this Chicken and Biscuit Casserole is delish! It's super easy to make with a crust of packaged biscuits - a In a medium bowl, stir to mix the soup, sour cream, butter, chicken, cheese and milk. This Chicken and Biscuit Casserole is made from scratch with easy whole-grain buttermilk drop biscuits.
Cold water fish are great for eating if you want to combat depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression.
Grains can be great for fighting a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are great at helping you feel better. These foods can help you feel full for longer as well, which can help your mood too. Feeling hungry can be awful! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest and process. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this particular amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to become healthy when you drink green tea. And now you know it can help raise your mood as well!
See, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food roasted chicken and biscuit casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!