Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato, leek, lentil, pancetta soup recipe. You can cook potato, leek, lentil, pancetta soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup:
- Get 6 of good size Potatoes, diced.
- Provide 4 of Leeks cleaned well. Slice down the middle and cut into thin half moon slices.
- Provide 1 of chunk of Pancetta (I used “hot”).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- Use 1/2 cup of Orange Lentils (Dry).
- Use 2 of Onions coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 4 cups of Vegetable Stock (or chicken).
- Prepare 3 cups of Water.
- You need of Salt to taste (You can add pepper).
- Take 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Get handful of Chives and dry Parsley.
Steps to make Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup:
- In a soup pot, heat Oil. Sauté the Pancetta for 5 minutes. Add Onions and Garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes. Stirring often. Add Leeks. Sauté all together for another 10 minutes (or until you think it looks married and ready). Add Potatoes, Lentils and Stock. Bring to a boil. Once it has a rolling boil going, lower to simmer. Simmer for approx 2 hours. Taste for saltiness. If the Pancetta didn’t salt it enough, add Salt to taste..
- Top with Parsley and Chives before serving. My husband added a couple teaspoons of plain Greek Yogurt to his soup bowl to cream it up. You can also top it with grated Parmigiana Cheese to add more of a salty taste. We ate this with oven heated crusty Italian bread 🥖🍲.
If you find this Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.