Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic malaysian style vegetable curry recipe. To make authentic malaysian style vegetable curry you need 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry:
- Take 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil (safflower or canola).
- Take 1/2 of "a" Red onion.
- You need 20 of "a" Shallots.
- Prepare 10 clove of "a" Garlic.
- Take 2 of stalks "b" Lemongrass (cut into fourths).
- Use 6 of "b" Cloves.
- Get 1 piece of "b" Star anise.
- You need 1 of "b" Cinnamon stick.
- Use 10 of Okra.
- Get 1 of Bitter gourd.
- Use 1 of Eggplant (slim Japanese type).
- Use 1 of one packet Atsuage.
- Provide 5 of Satsuma-age.
- Use 1/2 of Onion (sliced).
- Use 10 tbsp of Curry powder (preferably imported from Malaysia or Singapore).
- Prepare 5 of Pandan leaves (optional).
Steps to make Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry:
- Combine all of the "a" ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a paste-like consistency..
- Grease a pot with oil, and heat the paste from Step 1. Once cooked through, add the "b" ingredients and stir-fry until the moisture evaporates, and the paste is reduced by 1/2 the original amount..
- To prepare the bitter gourd, slice it in half lengthwise, carefully scoop out the pith with a spoon, then slice it into 8-mm thick rounds..
- Slice the onion into thick slices..
- Cut the okra in half, and roughly chop the eggplant into chunks (then soak in water). Cut the atsuage and satsuma-age into similarly sized chunks. Sizes can be random..
- Add the ingredients prepared in Steps 3-5 to the pot, and stir-fry. The photo shows how it should look in Step 7..
- Once the ingredients are cooked through, add the curry powder. Cook while stir-frying. The photo shows the curry powder I use..
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients, then simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- For those who are not on a diet, add coconut milk to taste (but do not let it boil after adding)..
- For those on a diet, if you prefer a richer taste, add a small amount of evaporated milk or milk..
- The top photo shows it with zucchini. I also topped it with fried onion chips. Also, in order to show the vegetables, the photo was taken before adding the soup..
- If available, add pandan leaves in Step 8..
- If preparing vegetarian style, omit the satsuma-age..
If you find this Authentic Malaysian Style Vegetable Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.