In general, people have been conditioned to believe that "comfort" foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for you. Several foods actually do boost your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these., virgin eggnog.
Eggs, you might be amazed to learn, are fantastic at combating depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the yolk. The egg yolk is the most crucial part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can be terrific for elevating your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that dictate your mood--function better. Eat an egg and cheer up!
Make a trail mix out of seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all helpful for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which raises your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a terrific protein food source.
Virgin Eggnog is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Virgin Eggnog is something which I have loved my whole life.
A gentle cooking process takes the fear of raw eggs out of the eggnog equation. Since there is no Brandy is the most traditional alcoholic add-in for eggnog. If you prefer, you could try a mix of dark. This "virgin" version of eggnog is great for kids or adults who prefer a nonalcoholic beverage.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have virgin eggnog using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Virgin Eggnog:
- Make ready 5 eggs
- Prepare 2 1/4 Cups Heavy Cream
- Take 2 3/4 Cups Milk
- Take 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Make ready 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Take 1 Cinnamon Nutmeg or to garnish
Virgin Vegan Eggnog is not as thick as traditional eggnog. Give your favorite holiday drink a festive upgrade with this Gingerbread Eggnog recipe. This Christmas cocktail gets a boozy addition from the dark liquor of your choice. Ry this non-alcoholic eggnog recipe which is very easy to make and tastes delicious.
Instructions to make Virgin Eggnog:
- Separate the Egg Yolks & the whites
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the sugar. With the other parts of Sugar, whisk the yolks and the sugar until texture becomes creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup of the heavy cream and 1 cup of the milk to this mixture and stir well.
- Place the bowl in a pan with simmering water and keep stirring continuously for 6 minutes. Take off stove and chill this mixture well.
- Take the egg whites and beat them until soft peaks form. Add the 1/4 cup reserved sugar to this and beat well until stiff peaks form and the cream ribbons (check picture). In a separate bowl, beat about 1/2 cup of the heavy cream.
- Fold the egg white into the cream and refrigerate
- Take out the egg yolk mixture which is well chilled and add the remaining milk, Vanilla Extract and cream to the mixture. Stir well and chill again.
- Egg nog is best served cold, if you can help it then wait until the next morning. Pour the egg yolk mixture first and top with the egg white mix. Sprinkle with the nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Merry Christmas!
- P.S : if you want this done as the traditional alcohol filled eggnog, simply at the second last step, remove 3/4 cup of milk and 3/4 cup of cream. Instead add 1 cup of bourbon or whisky and 1/4 cup of rum and refrigerate
- P.P.S: Some people might not like the taste of Egg Whites. Simply omit the step of adding it and serve just the yolk mix
This Christmas cocktail gets a boozy addition from the dark liquor of your choice. Ry this non-alcoholic eggnog recipe which is very easy to make and tastes delicious. The eggnog base starts by beating egg yolks with sugar until light and fluffy. Then you slowly whisk in hot milk that's been infused with cloves and cinnamon, which tempers. Eggnog /ˈɛɡˌnɒɡ/, egg nog or egg-nog, historically also known (when alcoholic beverages are added) as milk punch or egg milk punch, is a rich, chilled, sweetened, dairy-based beverage.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to combat depression. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all full of omega-3 fats and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain's gray matter. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can greatly boost your mood.
Some grains are actually great for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually great for helping increase your happiness levels. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to better your mood. Feeling hungry can be awful! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not difficult for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You were just anticipating to read that, weren't you? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid called L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps better your mental focus while relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you be healthier. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to raise your moods too!
You can see, you don't have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these instead!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food virgin eggnog recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!