A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it's good for you to consume them. Some foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try some of these., orzo pasta salad.
Eggs, believe it or not, are terrific for helping you battle depression. Just be sure that you don't get rid of the yolk. Whenever you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to boost your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Eat an egg and be happy!
Make a trail mixout of different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which boosts your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more serotonin you have, the better you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, in particular, are a terrific source of protein.
Orzo Pasta Salad is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Orzo Pasta Salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook orzo pasta salad using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Orzo Pasta Salad:
- Get 1 C orzo
- Get 3 garlic cloves; smashed
- Make ready 1 oz basil
- Prepare 1 lemon; zested & juiced
- Prepare 1/2 t crushed pepper flakes
- Take 1/2 red onion; medium dice
- Prepare 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- Get 8 slices bacon
- Take 6 large leaves spinach; chiffonade
- Make ready 4 oz mozzarella cheese; small dice
- Prepare 3 Campari tomatoes; seeded & small dice
- Prepare kosher salt & black pepper; as needed
Instructions to make Orzo Pasta Salad:
- Combine basil, garlic, red onion, pepper flakes, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and a large pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain. Spread out on a plate and cool in refrigerator.
- Combine orzo, spinach, cheese, and tomatoes in a small mixing bowl. Add dressing. Fold to combine. Cover and let sit in fridge overnight to marinate.
- Lay bacon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400° for approximately 12 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Drain fat and reserve for another use. Pat bacon dry with paper towels. Roughly chop to a small dice.
- Fold 3/4 of bacon into salad amd reserve remaining bacon for garnish.
- Variations; Feta, oregano, zucchini, mint, parsely, roasted or raw bell peppers, roasted garlic/tomatoes, cucumber, white vinegar, champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, port, peppadew, arugula, pepperoncini, provolone, pepperoni, toasted pine nuts, parmesean, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, olives, giardenera, anchovies, habanero, gouda, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, goat cheese, pancetta, prosciutto, caramelized onions or shallots,
Cold water fish are good if you want to be in a better mood. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fats. These are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It's the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can really help you overcome your depression.
It's not hard to overcome your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really great for helping boost your happiness levels. They fill you up better and that can help improve your moods also. It's easy to feel depressed when you feel hungry! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your blood sugar which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were just anticipating to read that in this article, weren't you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This will better your brain's focus while at the same calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to become healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood too!
Now you can see that junk food isn't necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Test out these tips instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food orzo pasta salad recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!