A lot of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it's good for you to eat them. A number of foods honestly do improve your mood when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these., caprese orzo salad.
Eggs, you may be surprised to discover, are fantastic at combating depression. Just see to it that you do not toss the yolk. Every time you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to boost your mood. This is because they improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Try eating some eggs to jolly up!
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to raise your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which boosts your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that but nuts, particularly, are a fantastic source of protein.
Caprese Orzo Salad is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Caprese Orzo Salad is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook caprese orzo salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Caprese Orzo Salad:
- Make ready 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- Take 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Make ready 1 (8 oz) container of mozzarella pearls
- Get handful chopped fresh basil
- Prepare 1/2 cup olive oil
- Get 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Get 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves minced
- Prepare pinch salt and pepper
- Take 2 tsp honey
Instructions to make Caprese Orzo Salad:
- Cook the orzo in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool, tossing occasionally so that the orzo doesn't clump together.
- While the orzo is cooking and cooling, prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. You may whisk it vigorously in a bowl, shake it in a tightly-sealed jar, or pulse it in a mini food processor.
- Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large bowl. Carefully mix in fresh mozzarella, tomato halves, basil chiffonade, and about 2/3 of the prepared vinaigrette, or as much as you prefer. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled, stirring in additional dressing just before serving (since the dressing will soak into the pasta while in the fridge).
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etc, they're all chock-full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain's gray matter. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression.
It's not hard to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to better your mood. It's not hard to feel low when you feel hungry! These grains can improve your mood since it's not at all difficult for your body to digest them. You digest them more quickly than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You were simply expecting to read that in this article, weren't you? Green tea is loaded with a certain amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies have found that this particular amino acid can actually induce brain waves. This will better your brain's concentration while simultaneously calming the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you become better. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to raise your moods too!
See, you don't need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food caprese orzo salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!