A lot of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should keep away from them. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very nourishing and good for you. There are several foods that really can improve your moods when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these., auntie mary's cookies.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually wonderful at fighting back depression. Just see to it that you do not throw out the egg yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try consuming a couple of eggs to jolly up!
Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which increases your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more serotonin in your brain, the better you'll feel. Nuts, along with improving your mood, can be a super protein source.
Auntie Mary's Cookies is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Auntie Mary's Cookies is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook auntie mary's cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Auntie Mary's Cookies:
- Prepare Dough
- Make ready 1/2 cup butter
- Prepare 1 cup flour
- Prepare 3 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- Get 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Get Filling
- Take 3 egg whites (beaten stiff)
- Get 1/2 cup sugar
- Make ready 2 cups ground pecans
Instructions to make Auntie Mary's Cookies:
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter until evenly mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly with fork until the flour is moistened.
- Gather dough together and press into a ball. Divide into 24 uniform pieces and roll each into a ball. Place in freezer until firm but not frozen.
- While in the freezer make the filling. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar. Fold in ground pecans.
- Pull out 6 balls out at a time of the freezer. Roll each piece on a flour surface into a circle about a 4-5" in diameter. * Pro tip - thinner the better.
- Add 2 Tbs of filling onto each cookie. Spread on center 1/3 and fold sides 1/3 towards the center. Place folded side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cookies are done.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cold water fish are great if you are wanting to feel happier. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they're all chock-full of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously raise your mood.
It's easy to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all great for helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer as well, helping you feel better. Feeling famished can truly make you feel terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard to digest. You digest them more quickly than other things which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea has been found to be rich in an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid basically induces brain waves. This helps raise your mental sharpness while relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you be healthier. Now you are well aware that it helps you to lift your moods also!
So you see, you don't have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you just so to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food auntie mary's cookies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!