A lot of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be super nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, could better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these., mini peanut butter protein cookies.
Eggs, you might be amazed to learn, are wonderful at battling depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the yolk. Whenever you wish to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that affect your mood. Eat a couple of eggs to jolly up!
Make several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin production. Serotonin is referred to as the "feel good" chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more you have of it, the happier you will feel. Not only that, nuts, in particular, are a fantastic protein food source.
Mini Peanut Butter Protein Cookies is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Mini Peanut Butter Protein Cookies is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have mini peanut butter protein cookies using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mini Peanut Butter Protein Cookies:
- Prepare 40 g coconut sugar
- Take 95 g peanut butter
- Take 1 large egg (whole)
- Get 1 egg white
- Get 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Get 2 tbsp flour
- Get 1/4 tsp salt
- Take 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Prepare 50 g vanilla protein powder
- Take 50 g compound chocolate (shaved) or chocolate chips
Steps to make Mini Peanut Butter Protein Cookies:
- Prepare all of the ingredients
- Mix the coconut sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and eggs on low speed until combined
- Add the salt and the baking soda. Sift in the flour then mix it with a plastic spatula
- Add the protein powder. I used plant based protein, I think it tastes the best, but you can use whey protein as well. Different protein powder will have different properties so by the end of this step, judge the dough whether it is too dry or too soggy. If it’s to dry you can add a little bit of milk, if it’s too soggy you can add a little bit of protein powder
- Add the chocolate and mix again
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes while you do the dishes, prep the pan, and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper and grease with butter and flour. Honestly I don’t have any parchment paper left so I just greased the pan. Scoop the dough one tablespoon at a time, flatten the top a little bit because the cookie will not spread in the oven. The dough makes 15-16 cookies
- I went a bit crazy by sifting a little bit of cocoa powder on top of the unbaked cookies. You can skip this step
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Take it straight out of the oven when the timer stops. Let it cool down on a wire rack for as long as you can wait.
If you wish to fight depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly boost your mood.
It's not hard to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are great at helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer also, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can actually make you feel awful! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not difficult for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your sugar levels which in turn takes your mood to a happier place.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were sure it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea has been found to be packed full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while at the same loosening up the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you become better. Now you know that it helps you to raise your moods as well!
Now you know that junk food isn't necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these suggestions instead.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food mini peanut butter protein cookies recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!