Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we have to avoid them. At times, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it's good for you to consume them. Some foods actually do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these., pasta salad.
Eggs, would you believe, are wonderful for helping you combat depression. Just see to it that you do not toss the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to boost your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that affect your mood--function better. Eat a few eggs to feel better!
Build a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to boost your production of serotonin. Serotonin is called the "feel good" substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein food source.
Pasta Salad is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Pasta Salad is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Make Your Salad What You Want. Order Online and Pick Up In Restaurant! Fill Your Cart With Color Today! This light and refreshing cold pasta salad is loaded with the flavors of the Mediterranean, and pairs well with grilled proteins, such as fish, pork, chicken or steak.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have pasta salad using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pasta Salad:
- Get 1 (16 oz.) Box Rotini pasta
- Prepare 1 head broccoli florets
- Take 1 pack grape tomatoes, halved
- Get 2 cucumbers, seeds removed, diced fine
- Prepare 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- Prepare Green onions, sliced
- Prepare 1 can large black pitted olives, sliced
- Get 1 bottle, about 10 greek peppers, whole (peppercinis)
- Make ready 1 block colby cheese cubed
- Make ready 1 block pepper jack cheese cubed
- Get Or mozzarella pearls or shredded mozzarella
- Get 1 ham steak cubed
- Take 1 bag mini pepperonis
- Get 1 packet Good Seasons Italian seasoning mix
- Get 2 Tbls honey
- Make ready 1 (24 oz.) bottle olive garden creamy Italian dressing
- Get 3 Tbl pesto
Pour dressing over salad; toss and refrigerate overnight. Pasta Salad Pointer: To keep your salad moist, toss the cooked pasta in lemon juice and olive oil, then refrigerate overnight. Filled with crispy bacon, chopped tomato, celery and green onion, the sensational salad is coated with a tangy mayonnaise and vinegar dressing. It's a real crowd-pleaser! —Norene Wright, Manilla, Indiana Pasta salads are great for brunch, ladies luncheons, or light summer suppers.
Instructions to make Pasta Salad:
- Boil pasta according to directions and drain then run cold water over pasta to cool, drain again and set aside
- Put together entire ingredients into large mixing bowl (except the pasta and bottle dressing) turning to mix
- Add pasta and bottle dressing and turn in bowl with spatula until evenly coated, I also add some juice from the pepper jar
- Cover and place in fridge…at least 2-3 hours to marry the flavors Overnight is better
- After taking out of fridge, give it a toss and serve !! 😋
- I like to add a little grated parmesan or feta cheese on top maybe some sunflower seeds or bacon bits but that is completely optional ENJOY !!
- Double this recipe for several people 😋😋😋😋😋😋
Filled with crispy bacon, chopped tomato, celery and green onion, the sensational salad is coated with a tangy mayonnaise and vinegar dressing. It's a real crowd-pleaser! —Norene Wright, Manilla, Indiana Pasta salads are great for brunch, ladies luncheons, or light summer suppers. Add protein, such as chopped deli chicken, boiled shrimp, or sliced grilled steak, to turn a quick pasta salad into a main-dish meal. Place the pasta salad ingredients in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella, salami, olives, and parsley.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to beat back depression. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all full of omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It's true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression.
Grains can be great for fighting a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all excellent for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full too which can really help to improve your mood. Feeling famished can actually make you feel terrible! These grains can improve your mood because it's not at all hard for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood sugar which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You knew that green tea helps you be healthier. And now you know green tea can help improve your mood too!
As you can see, you don't need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pasta salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!