A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it's good for you to consume them. Some foods actually do boost your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these., potato poofs.
Eggs, you might be astonished to discover, are wonderful at fighting depression. Just make sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help in improving the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that dictate your mood. Eat an egg and feel a lot better!
Put together a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is possible because these foods are high in magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin you have, the better you will feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a great protein source.
Potato Poofs is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Potato Poofs is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook potato poofs using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Poofs:
- Take poofs
- Take 3 cup cooked russet potatoes, skins removed
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Get 1/2 cup whole milk
- Prepare 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Get 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Take 2 large eggs
- Take 1/4 tsp paprika
- Make ready 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Take 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons all purpose flour
- Prepare 2 dash sriracha hot sauce
- Prepare frying
- Make ready 1 quart vegetable oil
Steps to make Potato Poofs:
- Cook your potatoes how you wish. I baked mine in a 400°F. oven for 1 hour. You may boil them or microwave until tender. Don't forget to remove skins.
- In a large bowl mash or put your potatoes through a ricer. I used a ricer as it gives a smoother texture to potatoes.
- Add your milks, butter, eggs , seasonings, sriracha and flour to bowl.
- Mix together to form a light batter consistency. Chill batter for 15 minutes before frying.
- In a deep fryer or large pot, add the oil. In a pot, you do not want oil to go past halfway in the cooking pot. Add your oil accordingly.
- Bring oil temperature to 350°F.
- Drop potato mixture in by tablespoons.
- You may need to turn these once a golden brown color on each side. This will take about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Drain finished poofs on paper toweling as you finish the entire batch.
- Serve immediately and keeping leftovers is not suggested.
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Cold water fish are excellent if you wish to feel better. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can seriously raise your mood.
It's not difficult to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are fantastic at helping you feel better. These grains fill you up better and that can help improve your moods as well. Feeling famished can be awful! These grains can improve your mood as it's easy for your body to digest them. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
Your mood could truly be helped by green tea. You were sure green tea had to be mentioned, right? Green tea is chock-full of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can essentially induce brain waves. This helps raise your mental acuity while calming the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you feel a lot healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood as well!
As you can see, you don't need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Go with these tips instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food potato poofs recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!