Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snacks.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
For anybody who is not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of things which help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Almonds are a natural source of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. They do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. In the case of almonds, however, they wont cause you to yearn for a nap. Instead they will just help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Almonds often give you a general increased a feeling of well-being.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe. To make potato soup (made with ham and cheese) you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Use 16 of small red potatoes, or 8 medium russet, or whatever potatoes enough to equal that.
- Prepare 1 lb. of box Velveeta Cheese or store brand, whatever flavor you like.
- Prepare 1-2 of onions any kind, depending on how much you like onions. (Obviously use more than 2 if you like pearl onions, just get at least a lb.).
- You need 1 (16 oz.) of container of sour cream, or more depending on if you like it creamy.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted margarine or butter.
- Take 1 cup of instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan brand is my favorite).
- You need 8 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (or make it with 8 cups water and 8 bouillon cubes) plus ~4 cups extra water (enough to cover).
- Prepare 1 lb. of fresh sliced carrots.
- Take 1 cup of sliced celery.
- Prepare 1 lb. of cooked cubed ham (approximately).
- Take 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Use of Salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- Prepare of Crackers and bacon bits (optional).
Instructions to make Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese):
- Wash and cube potatoes (1 inch thickness and add them with seasoning, carrots and ham to a covered ~12 qt. pot to boil over medium to medium-high heat in the broth until tender. (I like to cheat here and microwave the potatoes before I cut them up to help them along). Make sure you add just enough extra water to cover ingredients (~4 more cups). Stir occasionally..
- Sauté over medium heat, onions and celery in margarine or butter just until tender and add the to the pot..
- After potatoes are really fork tender (may need to taste one), melt the cheese in the microwave or a sauce pan following package directions. (I cube it and microwave 1 min. stir, 1 min. stir and 1 min. more and stir in a splash of milk to loosen it up if necessary). Add to pot and stir..
- Add instant potatoes to pot and stir until dissolved..
- Add sour cream to pot and stir..
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let the soup thicken by simmering over low heat, probably ~10 mins depending on the amount of extra water added..
- Sit back and relax, you’re done, enjoy with/without real bacon bits and/or crackers (I like Ritz)..
If you find this Potato Soup (made with ham and cheese) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.