Most of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it's good for you to eat them. There are some foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you're in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these., fuhgitaboudit spaghetti sauce.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly terrific at dealing with depression. Just be sure that you don't throw away the egg yolk. Whenever you wish to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most essential part of the egg. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for lifting up your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that control your mood--work better. Consume an egg and feel happier!
Put together a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all great for raising your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which boosts your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is referred to as the "feel good" chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source.
Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have fuhgitaboudit spaghetti sauce using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce:
- Prepare 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- Get 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- Make ready 4 cloves (large) fresh garlic - crushed
- Take 1 medium onion - diced
- Make ready 1 medium bell pepper (color of your choosing) - diced
- Take 8 oz fresh mushrooms - sliced (optional)
- Prepare 2 tbs olive oil
- Take 2 tbs granulated white sugar
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Take 2 tsp dried parsley
- Make ready 2 tsp dried oregano
- Take 1 tsp dried basil
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Make ready 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Get Optional Meats
- Prepare 1 lb ground beef - raw, pinched into several small pieces
- Take 5 Italian sausages (mild or hot) - raw
Instructions to make Fuhgitaboudit Spaghetti Sauce:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and bell pepper (and mushrooms if desired). Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add crushed garlic and tomato paste stir to coat everything with tomato paste. Cook 5 minutes more stirring constantly.
- Dump both cans of tomatoes and tomato sauce into a 5 quart crock pot. Add cooked veggie mixture and all remaining ingredients except meats. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add ground beef, stir gently to combine. Nestle whole sausages down into sauce until covered. Place lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- At 5 hours, remove sausages, cut to 1/2-1 inch slices. Return to sauce, stir to combine. Turn crock pot up to high, cook with lid offset for 1 additional hour to thicken sauce a little. Serve over pasta of choice (remove bay leaves before serving). Enjoy!
- Note: This makes enough that I freeze about half for another night!
If you wish to defeat depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Cold water fish such as tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. DHA and omega-3s are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight back depression.
Some grains are actually wonderful for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. These foods fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods as well. Feeling famished can be awful! These grains can help your mood elevate because it's not at all difficult for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your glucose levels which in turn takes your mood to a happier place.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You knew it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is found to be chock-full of an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Studies prove that this particular amino acid can basically stimulate brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You knew green tea could help you feel better. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood as well!
So you see, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try several of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food fuhgitaboudit spaghetti sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!