Mostly, people have been taught to believe that "comfort" foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it's good for you to consume them. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, test out a couple of these., red velvet cake.
Eggs, you may be amazed to learn, are wonderful at battling depression. You should be sure, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. Whenever you wish to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks in particular, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that affect your mood--function better. Try consuming a couple of eggs to jolly up!
Make a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which increases your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that tells the brain how to feel at any given time. The more serotonin you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source.
Red Velvet Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Red Velvet Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have red velvet cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Velvet Cake:
- Get 2 1/4 cup sifted cake flour (not self rising)
- Get 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Get 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Take 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Prepare 2 tbsp liquid red food coloring
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- Get 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- Make ready 1 tsp baking soda
Instructions to make Red Velvet Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9"x2" round cake pans.
- Sift flour, cocoa, and salt into a bowl.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter at low speed until creamy
- Add sugar; blend on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, untill fluffy, about 3 mins.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each. Scrape bowl; add food coloring and vanilla.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together vinegar and baking soda.
- Stir into batter
- Divide batter between prepared pans; spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 25 to 30 mins.
Cold water fish are great for eating if you wish to battle depression. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3s. DHA and omega-3s are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can greatly elevate your mood.
It's easy to drive away your bad mood when you consume grains. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly great for helping raise your happiness levels. These foods can help you feel full for longer too, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can be a real downer! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
Green tea is truly great for your mood. You were just anticipating to read that, weren't you? Green tea has been found to be chock-full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This helps improve your mental acuity while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you be so much healthier. And now you know green tea can help improve your mood also!
As you can see, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try several of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food red velvet cake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!