Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snacks.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack many individuals take for granted. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. You cannot beat yogurt when it comes to a healthy snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to make it. Yogurt unites perfectly with nuts and seeds. This reduces your sugar absorption without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe. To make chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake you only need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake:
- Use 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- Provide 8 of chicken thighs with bones and skins left on.
- Take 3 of red onions, sliced.
- You need 1 of leek, sliced.
- Get 1 of red chili with seeds, chopped.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Use 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Take 700 ml of vegetable stock. I use “Marigold” bouillon powder. Sometimes I use 250ml of dry white wine and 500 ml of stock. It’s fine both ways!.
- Take 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Use 500 g of new potatoes, in bite-sized chunks.
- Take 4 tbsp of crème fraîche or 0-fat Greek yoghourt.
- You need Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, for Circotherm ovens 160C)..
- Heat the oil on the hob in a large roasting tin and, in batches, quickly brown the chicken thighs. Set aside..
- Fry the onion rings for 2 minutes, add the leek, chili and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring gently to avoid sticking..
- Stir in the flour to mix well and fry for a further minute..
- Stir in the stock and then the Cajun seasoning. Return the chicken thighs to the tin, stirring well to ensure the thighs are coated by the mixture..
- Bring to the boil, stirring whilst doing so, and then transfer the roasting to the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes..
- Whilst this is cooking, skin and deseed the butternut squash and cut it into bite-sized chunks..
- When the 30 minutes is up, add the potatoes and butternut squash to the roasting tin, cover with foil and return to the oven for a further hour or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked..
- Quickly stir in the crème fraîche and then the coriander and season to taste..
- Serve immediately, piping hot onto warmed plates..
If you find this Chicken, potato and butternut squash oven-bake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.