Most of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. Sometimes, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is very true. At times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. Several foods really do raise your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these., fillet mignon w/ kicker shrimp scalloped baby potatoes.
Eggs, you might be astonished to find out, are wonderful at fighting depression. Just see to it that you don't get rid of the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are loaded with B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for elevating your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Eat some eggs to jolly up!
Put together a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these nuts are high in magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin levels. Serotonin is called the "feel good" substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more of it you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not just that, nuts, specifically, are a fantastic protein food source.
Fillet Mignon w/ Kicker Shrimp Scalloped Baby Potatoes is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Fillet Mignon w/ Kicker Shrimp Scalloped Baby Potatoes is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook fillet mignon w/ kicker shrimp scalloped baby potatoes using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fillet Mignon w/ Kicker Shrimp Scalloped Baby Potatoes:
- Take Steak
- Make ready 5 (8 oz) Fillet Mignon
- Make ready 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Prepare Salt and Pepper to season
- Get 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Get 3 cloves Garlic
- Take Mint, to garnish
- Make ready Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 10 Idaho Baby Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Get 15 Snap Green Beans
- Make ready 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Make ready 2 tbsp White Wine
- Make ready 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- Take 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare Salt and pepper to season
- Take 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Take Kicker Shrimp
- Get 20 (16/20) Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Get 1 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1 tsp Pepper
- Prepare 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Get 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Get 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted
Instructions to make Fillet Mignon w/ Kicker Shrimp Scalloped Baby Potatoes:
- In a sauce pan add enough water to cover the green beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat until green beans are slightly soft and drain. Set aside.
- For the Scalloped Potatoes:
- Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, bring to medium high heat with butter to foam. Toss in potatoes and sauté. Drizzle in olive oil and let continue to cook.
- Add in 3/4 of the heavy cream and continue to stir. As it thickens reduce heat to medium and add in white wine. Stir again and bring to a low heat.
- For the Shrimp and steak:
- Pat down shrimp and steaks with paper towels. Combine shrimp seasoning and mix well in bowl. Add salt and pepper to the steaks.
- Bring two skillets to medium high heat. Add butter to one and olive oil to the other when hot evenly.
- With the one with butter, toss in shrimp and let cook about three minute and flip. Meanwhile, place the filets in the other with garlic and let sear for the same amount of time and flip. Toss in butter to baste the filets.
- Continue to let shrimp cook until nice and pink colored with seasonings, add to the scalloped potatoes and toss in green beans. Add the remaining heavy cream and stir in.
- Once the filets are seared to your liking after flipped (2min for rare, 3min mid rare, 4min medium, etc) remove from skillet and let rest equal amount of time.
- On a plate scoop out shrimp and potatoes and place on plate. Add green beans. (Roughly 5 shrimp and green beans each plate). Squeeze he on juice over shrimp and potatoes. Slice fillet in half and place on plate. Top with mint to garnish.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you are wanting to battle depression. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It's the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can truly help you overcome your depression.
It's not difficult to drive away your bad mood when you are eating grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all excellent for helping you feel happier. They help you feel full too which can truly help to improve your mood. It's easy to feel low when you feel hungry! These grains can help your mood elevate since it's not at all hard for your body to digest them. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your blood sugar which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
Your mood can truly be helped by green tea. You were just anticipating to read that in this article, weren't you? Green tea is high in a certain amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can basically stimulate brain waves. This will improve your brain's focus while at the same loosening up the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you become better. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood too!
See, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try some of these hints instead.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food fillet mignon w/ kicker shrimp scalloped baby potatoes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!