Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be super healthy and good for you. There are several foods that really can improve your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you're in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these., alligator chili and beans.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really terrific at fighting back depression. You should make sure, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. Every time you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk particularly, are stuffed full of B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be terrific for boosting your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that affect your mood--function better. Eat a few eggs to cheer up!
Build a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all helpful for improving your mood. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which raises your production of serotonin. Serotonin is called the "feel good" chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more serotonin you have, the better you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to elevating your mood, can be a super protein source.
Alligator chili and beans is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Alligator chili and beans is something that I have loved my whole life.
Use skillet to cook the ground chuck and ground alligator meat, raise to med high heat and constantly fold in pinches of the salt and pepper until to desired taste and evenly brown. In a large Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, bell peppers, minced garlic and jalapeño peppers and sauté. Alligator chili and beans step by step.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook alligator chili and beans using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Alligator chili and beans:
- Get 1 lb alligator meat
- Make ready 1 lb ground chuck
- Make ready 1 sweet onion med diced
- Prepare 1 green bell pepper med diced
- Make ready 15 oz black beans drained
- Prepare 15 oz kidney beans drained
- Prepare 32 oz crushed tomatoes
- Take 32 oz V8 tomato juice spicy hot
- Make ready 2 tbsp Evoo
- Take sea salt
- Make ready black pepper
- Prepare 2 tsp Ghost pepper infused salt (optional)
- Take 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Make ready 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Make ready 2 tsp cinnamon
- Prepare 1 tsp ground ginger
- Get 2 tbsp chili powder
- Make ready 2 tsp celery salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp marjoram leaves
- Take 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Get 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Prepare 2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, minced
Add chili powder and cumin, stir well into mixture, and allow to cook one hour, stirring occasionally. Once alligator is tender, season to taste using salt and black pepper. This dish is always served at hunting camp dinners over spaghetti. Alligator chili and beans is something that I've loved my entire life.
Steps to make Alligator chili and beans:
- Oil large skillet with evoo and sweat onions and bell pepper at low heat until onions become translucent.
- Put all dry (excluding salt and black pepper) seasonings in a separate bowl and mix them
- Once onions are translucent transfer onions and bell peppers to crock pot
- Use skillet to cook the ground chuck and ground alligator meat, raise to med high heat and constantly fold in pinches of the salt and pepper until to desired taste and evenly brown.
- Add small amounts of dry seasoning mixture to developed flavor then add beans, crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers to skillet and continually stirring and pinching in seasonings
- Once at a good simmer and flavor has reached desired level add mixture into crock pot with V8 juice and all remaining seasonings.
- Thoroughly mix and place at 2 and a half hours on low heat
- After done cooking give a taste to see if any additional salt, pepper, or spice would be desired, if so add, mix and simmer for 5 minutes then enjoy
This dish is always served at hunting camp dinners over spaghetti. Alligator chili and beans is something that I've loved my entire life. Increase heat to medium-high heat and stir in the ground alligator. Cook and stir until the meat is crumbly, and evenly browned. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, black beans, kidney beans, and chipotle chile..
Cold water fish are good if you want to be in a better mood. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. DHA and omega-3s are two things that improve the quality and the function of your brain's gray matter. It's true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight back depression.
Some grains are really great for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually great for helping raise your happiness levels. These foods fill you up better and that can help you with your moods also. Feeling hungry can be terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are easy for your body to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps improve your mental energy while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you be healthier. Now you are aware that green tea can help you be happier also!
As you can see, you don't need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food alligator chili and beans recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!