Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dum Aloo Kachori recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dum Aloo Kachori recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more crucial than entirely modifying your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dum aloo kachori recipe. You can cook dum aloo kachori using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dum Aloo Kachori:
- Prepare of For Aloo Kamal:–7-8 medium sized potatoes, boiled.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh tomato puree.
- Take 1/2 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chillies.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp cumin.
- You need 2 pinches of Asafoetida.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of each of turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- You need 1/8 tsp of garam masala.
- Get of Curry Leaves 8-10.
- Use of Kachori::For the outer crust.
- Provide 2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Take 3 tablespoon of oil.
- Get 1 of heaped tsp salt.
- Use of Chilled water.
Instructions to make Dum Aloo Kachori:
- Heat 2 tsp oil + 2 tsp ghee in a wok,Add asafoetida, Curry Leaves and cumin..
- Add the whole boiled potatoes to it and. Add salt and turmeric and cook on medium heat till potatoes turn golden in color from all sides..
- At this stage Add the tomato puree and the spice and cook until oil get separated.And Mash potatoes roughly into small pieces..
- Add 2 cups water and bring it to a slow simmer. Cook for 15 minutes..
- Once the curry thickens slightly, Switch off the flame..
- Serve hot Aloo Dum with kachori/poori/parantha..
- Kachori: Seive All purpose flour into a large bowl. Pour oil into the flour and mix. Take flour in your hand and try to make a fist..
- It should take the shape of the fist. If it’s loose, add a little more oil, and check again..
- Next, add salt and the chilled water to make a slightly rough sticky dough. Continue to knead for 4-5 minutes to make a smooth dough. Rest dough for 20 minutes and then use..
- Prepare Stuffing: Heat oil, add onions and cook on medium low heat, till it start to acquire some golden color. Mix in salt, red chilli powder, dry mango, Coriander powder, garam masala, roasted and coarsely pound fennel powder and a dash of sugar..
- Divide dough into lemon size balls. Fill each bowl with a generous amount of the filling..
- Seal carefully using wet finger tips. Next place filled ball of dough on greased thali, seal side facing up and press gently to flatten..
- Repeat this process, to fill all the kachoris. Frying the Kachori: Take a large heavy bottomed kadhi. Heat at low flame to about lukewarm…or just a little more. Slip the kachoris seal side facing down. They should sink to the bottom..
- Raise the heat to medium low…and cook till kachoris rise to the top. Reduce heat to low again and cook, flipping till in between till lightly golden on both sides..
- Can be consumed in two days. Store in air tight Container..
If you find this Dum Aloo Kachori recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.