In general, people have been taught to think that "comfort" foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that really can boost your moods when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these., the not your ordinary skunkmonkey fruitcake.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly wonderful at dealing with depression. You should be sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the egg yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to raise your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that affect your mood--work better. Try eating a few eggs to jolly up!
Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a great source of protein.
Great recipe for The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake. Its the size of a water melon. here in Florida a place called Paradise Fruit Company sells it also at local super markets. #mycookbook The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. Here is how you can achieve it.
The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have the not your ordinary skunkmonkey fruitcake using 42 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake:
- Take the cake
- Prepare 2 cup light syrup
- Get 1 lb raisins
- Prepare 2 lb golden raisins
- Get 2 1/2 lb whole pitted dates
- Take 2 lb candied citron
- Prepare 1 lb candied pineapple
- Make ready 1/4 lb candied orange peel
- Prepare 1/4 lb candied lemon peels
- Take 1/2 lb candied cherries
- Take 1/2 lb blanched almonds
- Take 1 1/2 cup allpurpose flour
- Make ready 2 tsp soda
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 2 tsp cinnamon
- Get 1/2 tsp cloves ground
- Make ready 1 tsp allspice
- Make ready 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Get 1/2 tsp mace
- Take 1/2 lb butter
- Get 1/2 lb brown sugar
- Make ready 1 cup plus 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar packed
- Prepare 4 large eggs
- Prepare 1 cup currant jelly
- Get 1 cup molasses
- Prepare 1 lb craisins
- Make ready 1 lb dried blue berries
- Get 1 lb pecans
- Get 1 lb hazelnuts chopped
- Get 1 lb cashew nuts chopped
- Prepare 1/2 lb macadamia nuts chopped
- Get 1/2 lb black English walnuts
- Prepare 3/4 lb Brazilian nuts
- Prepare 1 lb coconut flakes
- Prepare glaze
- Take 1 cup apple juice or cider
- Prepare 1/2 cup wine fruit base apple peach or grape
- Make ready 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Take 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Take 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Take 3 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider or apple wine
They are baked slowly and aged under the careful supervision of the monks. The addition of lemon extract gives a different flavor to this fruitcake. Guests will be asking for a second piece of this! This recipe is not your ordinary fruitcake.
Instructions to make The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit
- Beat the eggs well. then mix all the ingredients. this gonna make a lot of cakes. I love to give them away.
- Take the pans, (use deep one like bundt pans loaf pans and so on), grease the pans with butter or non-stick spray. Then line with parchment paper. I used to use brown bags to line. Either one will work. Then fill pans up almost to top of each pan. bake until done let cool. Then put into fridge it cuts better cooled. I usually give some away or freeze till I eat
- In a pot boil apple juice or cider. Add dark brown sugar. add wine boil 5 minutes. add cinnamon. mix cornstarch and apple juice or cider. add to boiling glaze to thicken. When done pour over the fruit cake. it will harden a bit let it cool. wrap cake and do as you like.
- This makes 8 good sized cakes
Guests will be asking for a second piece of this! This recipe is not your ordinary fruitcake. It's a Christmas favorite and you'll have your guests coming back for more. / Recipes / Desserts / Cakes. Its time to take your ride from boring to bad ass. Our Auto decals & stickers are the hottest designs available.
Cold water fish are excellent if you want to feel better. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they're all chock-full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It's the truth: eating tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression.
Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a terrible mood. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are terrific at helping you feel happier. They fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods too. It's not difficult to feel a little bit off when you feel hungry! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest and process. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps jumpstart a rise in your blood glucose which in turn kicks up your mood to a happier place.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You were sure it had to be mentioned in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have found that this particular amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps better your mental sharpness while relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you be better. Now you are well aware that it helps you to lift your moods also!
As you can see, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food the not your ordinary skunkmonkey fruitcake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!