Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, comfort foods can be utterly nourishing and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, could improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you're needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these., blam-o! pressure cooked chicken & dumplings.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly wonderful at beating back depression. Just see to it that you do not throw out the egg yolk. Whenever you want to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for elevating your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters--the parts of your brain that dictate your mood--work better. Try to eat an egg and feel a lot better!
Put together a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The higher your levels of serotonin, the happier you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, specifically, are a great protein source.
BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
This is a meal that is very diabetic friendly. It is easy and everyone in the family will enjoy it. For the diabetic, there are no. Other than the cook time, the pressure release mechanism will impact how easy it will be to shred your Instant Pot chicken.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have blam-o! pressure cooked chicken & dumplings using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings:
- Make ready Chicken Soup
- Get 2 1/2 lb chicken breast (4 to 5 large skinless/fat free chicken breast) cut into 1 inch chunks
- Make ready 1 medium White Onion, diced into small pieces
- Make ready 3 each Celery Stalks, both ends trimmed, diced into small pieces
- Take 1 large Half Anaheim pepper, (slowly roasted, skin peeled, seeds removed), diced into small pieces
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of fresh garlic, minced (1 to 2 Cloves)
- Prepare 32 oz box of Swanson 100% natural 99% fat free Chicken Broth
- Prepare 10 1/2 oz can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs
- Take 10 1/2 oz can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken & Mushroom
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare 1 dash of Rubbed Sage, crushed
- Make ready 1 dash of Basil Leaves, crushed
- Make ready 1 dash of Thyme Leaves, crushed
- Prepare 1 dash of Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- Make ready 1 dash of Ground Ginger
- Prepare Fresh Ground Peppercorn Medley
- Make ready Fresh Ground Garlic Sea Salt
- Get Dumplings
- Make ready 2 cup Bisquick mix, regular
- Make ready 2/3 cup Whole Milk
- Get pinch of Ground Parsley
- Prepare pinch of Ground Garlic
Instant Pot PaellaEvery Nook and Cranny. Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast Experiment Results. If the pressure cooker has completely cooled down, you can heat it up before placing the chicken breast back in. The pressure cooker has a way of intensifying flavors.
Steps to make BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings:
- Prep Time: 1 to 2 hours depending on your experience/ingredients. Cook Time: 27 minutes including the dumplings. There are two main sequences to this meal. One for the Chicken Soup and one for the Dumplings. * NOTE: If you do not have access to a Pressure Cooker, you may substitute for a 6 quart Crock Pot - and increase the cooking time to approximately 6 hours on high. If using frozen chicken breast increase cooking time to approximately 8 hours for crock pot and 25 minutes for high pressure cooker.
- Add all the "Chicken Soup" ingredients to a 6 quart Pressure Cooker and give it a few good stirs. * NOTE: do Not add any water, the 32 ounces of broth will be substituting the water.
- I used an Electric Pressure Cooker. Set the Heat to High Pressure and Timing to 17 Minutes. You will need to lock the lid and set it up for High Pressure following your Pressure Cooker's Safety Guidelines. It should take about 2 minutes to pressurize leaving you a full 15 minutes to cook under High Pressure.
- When finished cooking, slowly release the pressure using the Quick Release function following your pressure cooker's safety measures. This sequence is now finished. * NOTE: now is a perfect time for a taste test to modify your seasonings if needed. Also check the tenderness of the chicken if you were using frozen chicken. An additional 3 to 5 minutes of high pressure cooking may be necessary.
- Switch the pressure cooker to "Steam" Mode or "High" Heat. Leave the lid on but allow the pressure to escape through the "Steam Vents", as we do Not want to allow the pressure to build up. * NOTE: Cooking dough under high pressure will cause the biscuits to "Foam" and clog the vents, an obvious safety concern.
- Now for the second and final part, the Dumplings. First Mix all the Dry Ingredients in a medium glass bowl. After the dry ingredients are mixed in, add the Whole Milk while folding/stirring with a large metal spoon until thoroughly mixed. * NOTE: you may substitute by simply using your favorite brand of canned biscuits.
- By now the fragrant chicken soup should be boiling or very close to a low boil. If not double check your settings as it needs to be boiling hot to cook the dough properly, otherwise it will come out uncooked in the center. Carefully "Drop" large sized balls of the dough into the Pressure Cooker and cover with the lid. Again allowing the steam to safely escape. Cook for 10 minutes on High Heat with the lid on. After 10 minutes your meal is ready to serve. Enjoy.
If the pressure cooker has completely cooled down, you can heat it up before placing the chicken breast back in. The pressure cooker has a way of intensifying flavors. The first time I made chicken stock in the pressure cooker, I followed my tried-and-true stovetop recipe. The resulting stock tasted so strongly of onion that it was almost unusable. While the chicken cooks, toast breadcrumbs on the stove.
Cold water fish are good if you are wanting to be in a better mood. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly raise your mood.
Some grains are truly great for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly excellent for helping raise your happiness levels. They fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods too. Feeling famished can actually make you feel terrible! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy to digest. You digest these foods more quickly than other things which can help boost your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You were sure it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is chock-full of an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you become so much healthier. Now you know that applies to your mood too!
Now you know that junk food isn't necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food blam-o! pressure cooked chicken & dumplings recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!