Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mom's Baked Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mom's Baked Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than before. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's baked beans recipe. To cook mom's baked beans you only need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's Baked Beans:
- Use 6 cans of Van Camps pork and beans.
- Provide 3/4 C of brown sugar.
- Take 1/4 C of yellow mustard.
- Get 3/4 C of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of diced onion (optional).
- Use 1 of diced bell pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1 lb of bacon (optional).
Steps to make Mom's Baked Beans:
- I cook everything in the same large cast iron skillet. If you are adding bacon onions and peppers- first fry the bacon. You can do this a normal and crumble it or we like to cut the bacon into small pieces and then fry. When bacon is done put on paper towel to drain. Add diced onions and peppers to skillet and cook down. They will still cook in oven but we like ours done. Take out and put on top of the bacon to drain..
- Next in large bowl empty 6 cans pork and beans. Add Ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. (You could also add a little liquid smoke if you want) mix it well. Of there are big clubs of brown sugar smush if against the side of the bowl to break up. Add in bacon, peppers and onions if you are adding that..
- Pour beans into large cast iron skillet and put in the oven @ 350° for 1.5 to 2 hrs.
- NOTE: we have made this for big family functions as well with quadrupled recipe. We did this in a electric turkey roaster and cooked for 6-8 hrs. If it starts cooking down and getting thicker before that time just turn temp down to keep warm..
If you find this Mom's Baked Beans recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.