Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One wholesome alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup – stove top recipe recipe. To cook broccoli cheese soup – stove top recipe you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe:
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Get 1 of large carrot, peeled and finely diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of milk at room temperature.
- Get 2 of heaping cups fresh chopped broccoli florets.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping.
- Get 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Provide 1/8 tsp. of each dried oregano, ground nutmeg.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe:
- Place the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add in the carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent…about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add in the butter and let it melt down..
- Gradually whisk in the flour in small batches. Whisk constantly until all the flour is added and incorporated. Mixture will be very thick. Allow the mix to cook for 1 minute, continuing to whisk..
- Whisk in the broth in small amounts, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Once all the broth is added, whisk in the milk and increase heat to med-high. Let this mixture come to a low boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, stir in the broccoli and lower the heat to med-low. Allow to simmer until the broccoli is tender…about 7-9 minutes. (If using larger sized florets, it may take longer). Then stir in the cream cheese and let that melt down into the soup..
- Stir in the seasonings and taste to see if you think it needs anything else. Then, if you'd like a less chunky soup, use an immersion blender to puree to the desired consistency. You could also use a blender or food processor in small batches, just be careful not to burn yourself..
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in both of the shredded cheeses until it is all melted and incorporated in. That's it, you're ready to serve!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup – Stove Top Recipe recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.