Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Twice Baked Potato Skins recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Twice Baked Potato Skins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Twice Baked Potato Skins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to twice baked potato skins recipe. To cook twice baked potato skins you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Twice Baked Potato Skins:
- Take 5 of baking potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Get 1 lb. of bacon, diced and cooked.
- Use 1/2 cup of sliced green onions.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of butter.
- Use 1/2 cup of milk.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need of Seasonings of choice:.
- Use of black pepper, salt, garlic powder.
Instructions to make Twice Baked Potato Skins:
- Cook potatoes in oven or microwave until tender; cut in half length wise and allow to cool slightly. Carefully scoop out insides of each leaving a potato shell and place potato you scooped out in a bowl..
- Turn shells over and spray with cooking spray. Place in oven at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until they have slightly crisped..
- Meanwhile add butter, milk, sour cream and seasonings to potato mixture and mash well to combine..
- Place potato mixture in a thin layer on each potato shell. Note: you will have left over mashed potatoes; save for later use if you wish..
- Top each with cheddar cheese and place back in oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted..
- Top each with cooked bacon and green onions..
- I served mine with my restaurant ranch dressing. Enjoy!.
If you find this Twice Baked Potato Skins recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.