Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe. You can cook dum aloo (baked potatoes) using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dum aloo (baked potatoes):
- Get 20 of Baby potatoes.
- You need of For grevy :-.
- Use 2 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/8 tsp of asafoetida.
- Take 2 of cloves.
- You need 2 of cardamom.
- Provide 1 inch of cinnamon.
- Provide 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- Use 1 of large tomato, finely chopped.
- You need 4-5 of garlic.
- Provide 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare of For dum aloo.
- Prepare 1 tbls of oil.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 th tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Take 1/4th cup of curd.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Steps to make Dum aloo (baked potatoes):
- Rinse the baby potatoes well. Take 3.5 cups water in a pan or cooker (Do not cover the lid). Add the potatoes.On a medium to high flame boil the water, so that the potatoes are half cooked.Drain them and allow to become warm or cool down at room temperature..
- Peel the potatoes and Apply a little oil on all potatoes..
- Take a baking tray and place all the potatoes over it. Preheat the oven at 180-degrees centigrade for 15 minutes or till they turn golden brown..
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and Asafoetidaand. When they start to crackle, add cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon sauté till they turn fragrant. next add in sliced onions, ginger and garlic and saute till they turn translucent and the raw smell on ginger-garlic disappears..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.Turn of the flame. Once the mixture is cooled, blend to smooth paste without adding water..
- In a same kadai, add 1 tbsp oil along with cumin and asofedieda. add prepared masala paste and fry for 5-6 minutes..
- Now add spices like chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to taste. dum aloo. continue to fry for 4-5 mins or till oil separates..
- Add curd and give a good mix.add and fry 2-3 mins on the low flame. Add 1 cup of water or as required to adjust the consistency..
- Boil for 15 minutes mins, add baked potatoes and cook for 2-3 mins add garam masala powder and mix well. Turn off the flame. dum aloo is ready..
- Serve with chur chur parantha or laccha paratha..
If you find this Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.