Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steak skillet over baked potato recipe. You can have steak skillet over baked potato using 12 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- Use 1 1/4 lb of thin cut eye of round steak.
- Use 4 medium of russet or red potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Provide 2 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of (heaping) minced jarred garlic.
- Use 1 cup of half n half.
- Get 1/2 medium of red onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Get 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or more if u want).
- Use 4 of dollops of sour cream.
- You need 4 tbsp of real bacon bits (or more if u like).
Instructions to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- preheat oven to 400.
- wash potatoes and fork them all over…
- bake for 40 minutes or until soft all the way through..
- slice steak against the grain into strips. then cut the strips so they are bite sized..
- place bacon grease in a skillet and heat until hot..
- place steak pieces into skillet and toss. heat should be on medium..
- chop onion. and place onion into skillet. toss together..
- place sliced mushrooms into skillet. toss together..
- toss in chives, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well..
- (if u want to add any other veggies do this now.. great veggies to add would be chopped broccoli, green beans, green pepper, fresh baby spinach).
- by now the steak should be cooked through. add the half and half and give a good stir…
- lower heat to medium low so it is simmering, not boiling. and simmer covered for 20 minutes..
- keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, if it starts to dry out add a dash more bacon grease or add a bit of beef broth(I didn't have a problem with this).
- after 20 minutes of simmering the flavors should be well incorporated and ur potatoes should now be done..
- place a baked potato on a plate.
- cut the potato in half.
- cut the halves into 3rds. push together it kinda makes it look like a flower..
- pour 1/4 of your steak skillet on top of potato..
- sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese..
- add a dollop of sour cream..
- and sprinkle with 1/4 of the bacon bits…
- repeat with the rest of the potatoes and steak…
- serve hot!.
- TIP: u can use any type of steak u would like. I used eye of round because its cheap. russet potatoes work best but I prefer red potatoes because I like to eat the skin on red potatoes but not russet potatoes. I made mine this time without the dollop of sour cream and without the bacon bits because I ran out and cash was low. definitly better with them!.
If you find this Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.