Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be good for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It might be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe. To make shepherd's pie – a baked dish you only need 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie – a baked dish:
- Get 1 of medium to big size onion finely chopped.
- Get 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide of Saly.
- Use 3 tbsp of oil.
- Use of Chopped Green chillies, as per your taste.
- Take 4 cups of chopped mix vegetables any from the list below.
- You need of french beans.
- Take of carrot.
- Take of peas.
- Use of Sweet corn.
- Provide of Khojat/zucchini.
- You need of For potato layer.
- Provide 3 of medium to big potatoes.
- Provide 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Get of For white sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted ghee/butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maida.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get of For topping.
- Prepare of Sliced tomatoes.
- Use of Sliced capsicum.
- Provide of Cheese (do not use a lot like on pizza).
Steps to make Shepherd's pie – a baked dish:
- Prepare vegetables. Heat oil in a pan. Fry Onion and garlic, till onions are translucent. Add all the vegetables, salt and chilli powder. Combine well, cover and cook on low heat.
- Cook till they are tender (almost Cooked like about 80%, but not fully cooked). Add chopped chillies and remove from heat. Boil potatoes in salty water. Peel, mash, add mayonnaise, combine and keep aside..
- For white sauce, heat ghee, add maida and roast on low heat till maida changes its colour, feels lighter and leaves nice aroma. Add milk at this point while continuously mixing with a whisker to avoid the formation of lumps. Bring it to a boil. When the mixture starts thickening, remove it from heat. Add salt, sugar and black pepper. Mix..
- To assemble, divide the vegetables, the white sauce and the mashed potatoes into 2 portions. Lay in the baking tray, one portion of each – the vegetables, the white sauce, the mashed potatoes and the cheese in the same order. Repeat the same order for the second layer..
- Top it up with tomato slices and capsicum rings. Place the dish on the top most rack and grill at 170c for 7-19 min or till the cheese melts and gets the brown spots.serve hot with tomato ketchup and chilli sauce..
If you find this Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.