Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain meals are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain food items is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli and cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli and Cheddar Soup:
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Take 350 grams of broccoli cut into small pieces.
- Provide 2 of leeks finely chopped.
- Use 1 of carrot finely chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Use 250 ml of chicken stock.
- Get 450 ml of milk.
- You need 200 grams of cheddar cheese grated or cut into small pieces.
Steps to make Broccoli and Cheddar Soup:
- Saute onion and leeks in butter in a large pan over a moderate heat until soft..
- Add enough milk to flour to make a smooth paste. Add to pan along with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to bubble..
- Add rest of milk and chicken stock..
- Reduce heat and add carrots, cook for about 5 mins. Keep an eye on the pan so it doesn't boil over..
- Add broccoli and cook until starting to thicken. Stir often..
- Add cheese a little at a time and keep tasting until you get the desired taste. You can use any cheese but strong cheese will need a small amount, weaker cheese will need more. But it's all about taste..
- Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy..
If you find this Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.